Dual vs. Quad Motor Leasing?

mfenske

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
I'm very interested in leasing an R1S as my next vehicle. I currently drive a 2019 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD, which is a great car. I'm finding as I'm sliding in to my mid-40s that getting in to and out of the car becomes more of a challenge. I want something more efficient while still kind of sporty, or at least utilitarian. The RIvian seems to check these boxes.

Here's my question. Can anyone speak to the difference in money rate/residual values for the Dual vs. Quad motor versions? I'm asking because it appears that the Quad has deeper discounts/better money rate/higher residual values vs. the Dual and they seem to have similar monthly lease rates given the same down payment. I don't "need" 800 hp and 500 is more than enough. Am I thinking correctly in that if I were to lease the cheaper vehicle which has a lower residual value the purchase cost at the end would be lower than the higher priced vehicle? What am I missing here? Any real world examples?
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Almost certainly lower rent fee. Rivian is trying to clear out QM inventory presumably to move to an in house either QM or TM R1 version.

ddimit

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S, Ford f150 lightning
Occupation
Tech manager
Clubs

I had a standing order slot I was going to use before the lease deals came out. Comparing the lease between the Daul Standard Plus and what I got, the Quad Large, the Quad Large priced in lower by about $40 a month for a significantly more expensive vehicle. I didn't want or need the quad, but the pricing was too good to pass up.

my residual was about 63%, there is a clause in the lease as well that 30 days before the lease ends you can get an independent evaluation as to value. You can negotiate with Chase on fair market value at that time

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Clubs

I've been having the same back and forth. I don't need the quad performance and prefer the added range of a DM but the quad leases are enticing.

I have a DM order that has a 61% residual and 0.00212 money factor on a 12k, 3 yr lease.

My delivery has been delayed and my Guide confirmed I can change which has opened the door to a quad lease. Folks are posting 0.00001 MFs on the quads.

Your thinking is correct. It comes down to paying less monthly but more to buyout the lease at the end of the term.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mfenske

mfenske

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
I've been having the same back and forth. I don't need the quad performance and prefer the added range of a DM but the quad leases are enticing.

I have a DM order that has a 61% residual and 0.00212 money factor on a 12k, 3 yr lease.

My delivery has been delayed and my Guide confirmed I can change which has opened the door to a quad lease. Folks are posting 0.00001 MFs on the quads.

Your thinking is correct. It comes down to paying less monthly but more to buyout the lease at the end of the term.
Can you speak to the purchase cost of the Dual, monthly payment, and residual values?

Sponsored

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

Lots of threads on this topic. The suspicion I have related to better residual on the QM is due to better warranty on parts and Pack / motors. The warranty on the QM with large pack is significantly better than any other configuration.

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Can you speak to the purchase cost of the Dual, monthly payment, and residual values?
$87,550, including $1,800 destination
$900/mo with $3,500 down payment
Residual: $53,406

davisdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Ford F150 V6
Not bad considering todays interest rates....Totals to 89,306

Ottoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 QM
Occupation
Engineer
I had originally ordered a 2024 DMP with S+ batt for 78k.
for a bunch of reasons I wont go into,

I ended up taking a 87k 2023 QM+Large for almost the same monthly payment

(ironically the insurance was way cheaper on the 23 as well)

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Not bad considering todays interest rates....Totals to 89,306
Don't forget about the $895 acquisition fee due at signing.
Sponsored