Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I think the dual will be more than enough for most people, but having had a quad for a while, I'm looking forward to the next gen quad with the 4 in house motors. Should be around 1200 HP.
Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This is exciting, as the quad-motor was a handling disappointment for me. I am now back in line, waiting for a dual-motor. I have a ton of faith have it will be much better!
:) đź‘Ť

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I think the dual will be more than enough for most people, but having had a quad for a while, I'm looking forward to the next gen quad with the 4 in house motors. Should be around 1200 HP.
Rivian R1T R1S Dual Motor Rivian Orders are now being confirmed! 1674839152932

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
Anyone doing a dual motor, standard pack? We are not off-roaders or haulers. Just want a nice truck.
Just ordered our R1S on 1/24/23 - Going to do the Standard/Dual Motor. However, I have a feeling I won't be getting mine until 2024.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I wonder how many of us max packers are left?

My reservation is july 2020. I have to be near the front of the max pack queue since it seems so many have opted for large battery. Wish I knew where in line I am.
I'm guessing a lot of max pack people have jumped ship. I almost did the first time I got R1 shop access and probably would have if they had a truck in there I liked. But then I kept holding on and went through with my Ford Lightning order once I was invited.

I've now had the Lightning for a month and it's great. In many ways better for my personal uses as the larger interior and bed fit my needs, as does all the onboard power options. I may still be interested in the Max Pack R1T if it offers a good bit more range, or time at the camp site. That's the only true shortcoming of the Lightning, even the Extended Range battery I bought is just too small for everything I'd like it to do.

That said, I'm very happy with my decision... So I'm waiting for all the dual motor info to drop here. We may be giving up on the max pack dream and getting a dual motor R1S instead that will replace our Model Y.

I'm a January 2020 reservation holder. I know someone else who was a mid 2019 max pack reservation, but they gave in and chose a truck from the R1 shop not too long ago.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Anyone doing a dual motor, standard pack? We are not off-roaders or haulers. Just want a nice truck.
260+ range for the standard battery pack is fine for most buyers.

I am curious if Rivian plans a Quad using the new Enduro electric motors. I’m sure they have a purchase agreement with Bosch.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

260+ range for the standard battery pack is fine for most buyers.

I am curious if Rivian plans a Quad using the new Enduro electric motors. I’m sure they have a purchase agreement with Bosch.
They will do a quad enduro drive and I would expect a tri enduro drive mode. The tri motor set up would be equivalent to the current quad on power.

markp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder how many of us max packers are left?

My reservation is july 2020. I have to be near the front of the max pack queue since it seems so many have opted for large battery. Wish I knew where in line I am.
1/22 Max pack reservation holder here so I'm much further down the line. But can there be more that a few thousand of us out there?

Still holding out for now, at least until final details on the battery size, efficiency, and weight of the truck are available.

sabreheel74

First Name
Karthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.5
Occupation
Sr. Director Clinical Development
I’m a 3/11/22 pre-order: originally was max/quad then switched to max/dual when they said those would be available in 2023. I haven’t jumped ship though I have had second thoughts on switching to quad/large pack a few times. But going to stay the course and see what happens.

Sponsored

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
I’m a 3/11/22 pre-order: originally was max/quad then switched to max/dual when they said those would be available in 2023. I haven’t jumped ship though I have had second thoughts on switching to quad/large pack a few times. But going to stay the course and see what happens.
I’m 4 days behind you. Dual/Max

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
I switched an order to a max pack and I prefer a dual motor, but I don't actually have the option to select a dual motor anywhere. I would prefer the dual motor. Am I missing something or perhaps it's because I was a late switch to the max pack?

Rivian R1T R1S Dual Motor Rivian Orders are now being confirmed! 1675092851624

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

At this point, anyone holding out for a Max Quad should give up. If they're removing it from the configurator, then they aren't honouring any legacy pricing when it does make it's debut.

I'm waiting to see what my now altered config to Quad large comes up with as far as delivery estimate. If it says late summer, I may go Dual Max.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I switched an order to a max pack and I prefer a dual motor, but I don't actually have the option to select a dual motor anywhere. I would prefer the dual motor. Am I missing something or perhaps it's because I was a late switch to the max pack?

1675092851624.png
It comes mid February to your configurator per Rivians emails.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
You can't select it yet. Just sit tight. Rivian will be updating dual/max options in the configurator S00n.
Sponsored