Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
That's great!

I've been seeing plenty of Dual Motor Rivians in the R1 Shop. So, I think the time is now!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Dual motor R1S here - lost shop access about a week ago but no change on my ETA to "processing" and no 8-step email. Guide has indicated I'm matched to a vehicle though that just completed assembly so fingers crossed the delivery process starts soon.

The_Frog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, MS
Most people want their R1x sooner...but we want ours delayed. Yes, I know.

Our situation:

We have a R1S quad motor + 22" reservation currently showing a December/January delivery timeline and it's now time to lock our config. That sounds great, right?

Well, not for us because we need to make sure we can take delivery in January rather than December for tax reasons.

Now, I think the Q4/EoY push to hit their delivery numbers is not helping our case so, with this in mind:

=> Has anyone been able to work with Rivian to secure a specific delivery window within a broader window?

=> In addition, we're looking at potential changes, with the following permutations. Those changes would not be to delay the delivery date per se, but I am wondering how this may impact it, and which combo may delay it the most (but not too much, a 1/1/24 delivery date would be optimal..

Config 1: No change, ie quad R1S with 22s.
Config 2: Quad R1S with 20s AT. Based on the current availability in the store, it looks like builds with 20" are more readily available than with 22s and that this could speed up our delivery?
Config 3: Switch to a dual motor, keep the 22s.
Config 4: Switch to a dual motor but with 20"AT.

I realize that this is mostly guess work, but I would love to hear from people smarter than me.

Thanks!

EV-by-the-Sea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Dual Motor Performance
Can't help with estimate, but took delivery of a Dual Motor Performance R1S on 9/30. So, they're out there.

mtberman

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DM large,2019 Chev Bolt, 2021 Audi e-tron
I found several regular (non-performance) DM R1Ts in the shop 9/19 and took delivery 9/27. They are showing up everywhere.
Sponsored