Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Well 5PM and 6PM Eastern has come and gone ... still waiting MS? Maybe MS in this case means MicroSoft?????
Sponsored

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
That's what the original FAQ stated. You can use an existing account to register/buy DSP, but a new DSP account is DSP only.

Edit: Thinking about this a bit more, perhaps doing this lets them avoid a lot KYC hassle/redtape since it is a very limited account for only a single purpose? I for one will be moving my shares to another brokerage, so why go through all the KYC for DSP?
wait, does this mean you CANT use the MS account to sell your shares once secured?

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

The Rivian Automotive Inc.'s (the "Company") initial public offering is scheduled to price later today, November 09, 2021, any time after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Well 5PM and 6PM Eastern has come and gone ... still waiting MS? Maybe MS in this case means MicroSoft?????

Yep, no word here. Starting to think this is going to go about like my reservation for the truck. As in over promise and under deliver. I pre-funded the MS account too. Hopefully it still comes, but thinking we get shut out.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Anything on the Sofi side of things?

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
wait, does this mean you CANT use the MS account to sell your shares once secured?
Confirmed, you can use the DSP account to sell, then transfer cash elsewhere. You just won't be able to re-invest those funds from the DSP account. You should also be able to convert the DSP account to a full up MS brokerage account but that is NOT a free account. Once you have RIVN shares, you can also have them transferred to another brokerage account and buy/sell/trade there. I think this latter option will be utilized by most.

Last edited:

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
The IPO is going live tomorrow. I got this message on my brokerage account,

09 Nov. 2021
Rivian IPO: Restrictions on market orders for Wednesday, November 10

Rivian is expected to begin trading on the Nasdaq Exchange (Symbol: RIVN) on Wednesday, November 10, 2021. Please note the following:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
The documents/FAQ clearly address ALL of this if you bother to actually read it.

How do I receive proceeds frommy shares?

If you purchase shares in the Directed Share Program you will have the option to receive
dividends in your account; however, reinvestment of those dividends is not possible in the Direct
Share Program account. You may also sell your shares. To receive a distribution of the sale
proceeds in your account after your position is fully paid for, you have the ability to transfer your
funds via online bank transfer, back to the same bank account you used to submit your original
payment.

Once I purchase shares, am I able to transfer my shares?

After your purchase has settled and your shares have been fully paid for, you may transfer your
shares via an Automated Customer Account Transfer (“ACAT”) to a brokerage account you have at
another institution. To transfer your shares, you will need to initiate this request with your other
institution. Please be advised that the name on the receiving account needs to match the name on the

account you are sending from. Morgan Stanley does not charge a fee for this service for Directed
Share Program accounts.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner

09 Nov. 2021

Rivian is expected to begin trading on the Nasdaq Exchange (Symbol: RIVN) on Wednesday, November 10, 2021. Please note the following:
Wait what?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner

09 Nov. 2021

Wow, you are right. I am seeing that also on other sites.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So are us DSPers going to be IPO lame-ducks, missing out?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Well, it does say after, so technically, that could be tomorrow or next month. ?
Rivian R1T R1S DSP (Directed Share Program) to purchase Rivian IPO shares - now live via web portal 1636501811167

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
No, this is definitely bat$hit. For a moment there I contemplating just burning $13,000 and posting the video online, but part of me also wants to tell the grandkids that I was there when the stupidest IPO on record happened.
This is not the stupidest IPO on record. You should have seen some of the IPOs from the late 90s

Dirtman16

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I've never been part of an IPO before, but this all seems very odd. Am I supposed to sit by my computer until midnight waiting? Shouldn't someone in the DSP have heard something?
Sponsored