Sponsored

McRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, MXLR+, 2xVolts, MC's
Occupation
Tinkerer
For those of you purchasing via DSP, are you locked in for a certain period of time before you can sell your shares?
IIRC, under the FAQ's there is an answer, and it's that the shares are fully liquid once the transaction completes, but MUST be initially purchased from the MS acct.
Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I've never done an IPO. Is the 9th when we find out how many shares and at what price, and then the IPO date the day of purchase? I hadn't quite gotten my money liquidated and moved and trying to figure out if I'm hosed in that I didn't move fast enough.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Hey site Admin... think about a RIVN stock price tracker on the banner or forum homescreen.

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
I've never done an IPO. Is the 9th when we find out how many shares and at what price, and then the IPO date the day of purchase? I hadn't quite gotten my money liquidated and moved and trying to figure out if I'm hosed in that I didn't move fast enough.
On the 9th (tomorrow) at 6 pm EST you will be able to finalize the amount of shares you want to purchase since the price will be finalized. You have until 11:59 pm EST to finalize that amount.

It is a little bit hazy about how quickly you have to fund the account fully before Morgan Stanley would undo your purchase. There is a wire transfer option that you might be able to use (instead of the standard ACH that takes a day or two to setup) if you haven't already setup your ACH to your account.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It definitely will not be a short term hold, I expect a surge, and then a dip with a slow long haul back up and above the IPO... and then Amazon will buy it out. :p
That would be such a weird flex by Amazon. Makes sense. Lol

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Tomorrow seems to be the day to confirm the order for shares. Actual IPO date is still not finalized, nor have they released their final prospectus for the IPO. I'm going to guess the IPO will go live Friday or possibly early next week. Your account will need to be funded on the same day of the IPO or before so your shares order doesn't get canceled. A deposit posting on the same day of the IPO / stock order posts should be just fine. I have to cash out of one thing and transfer funds over to MS to fund my account there. My money won't be at MS until Wednesday or Thursday but I'm not worried about it. IPOs can be messy like this sometimes. It's not that it's messy, but the flow of information is often very minimal. ...I'm still debating how many shares I should actually buy. Logic and reason are telling me to just go for 100 shares and see what happens. But I think I'm going to grab the full 175 and if it dips post IPO, just keep buying. Crazy talk but I think it will pay off in the long run. With Rivian's delivery vans, Amazon contract, should be price/performance competitive with the Ford E-Transit plus the R1x line is great. As long as they can meet production goals, they'll be hugely successful.

...Hopefully tomorrow we'll find out when we need to fund our accounts. I'd like to think they'll give us that info when we confirm our orders.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Does anyone know if you are able to sell your shares via the MS account once everything is live? I've never used it before...

Last edited:

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I think you should be able to as there is no lockup period for our investor class I believe. I had to liquidate some other stocks I had that were doing really well (hello DIS today!) for the buy and I'm waiting for the money to settle. It was all in Robinhood and I'm pretty unhappy with them so it is a good opportunity to move my holdings anyway. I won't be able to afford the max shares with the new price point. I'm thinking I will purchase what I can and if it really pumps, I will sell half and then buy back into some of my other favorite stocks and hold the rest of the Rivian for long term.

I'm looking for a new home for my "play" investments, does anyone have a favorite? I have an etrade account from a long time ago, but the phone interface is eh. As I said, I'm kind of unhappy with Robinhood and I'm not wowed by MS.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I think you should be able to as there is no lockup period for our investor class I believe. I had to liquidate some other stocks I had that were doing really well (hello DIS today!) for the buy and I'm waiting for the money to settle. It was all in Robinhood and I'm pretty unhappy with them so it is a good opportunity to move my holdings anyway. I won't be able to afford the max shares with the new price point. I'm thinking I will purchase what I can and if it really pumps, I will sell half and then buy back into some of my other favorite stocks and hold the rest of the Rivian for long term.

I'm looking for a new home for my "play" investments, does anyone have a favorite? I have an etrade account from a long time ago, but the phone interface is eh. As I said, I'm kind of unhappy with Robinhood and I'm not wowed by MS.
WeBull

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Your account will need to be funded on the same day of the IPO or before so your shares order doesn't get canceled.
You only have to confirm your shares tonight. Payment needs to be verified by 11/15/21 5:00pm EST.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ryanide

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Real Estate
Does anyone know if you are able to sell your shares via the MS account once everything is live? I've never used it before...
Yes, the DSP shares are not locked up. You can sell them anytime you want.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

I just heard today RobinHood was hacked on 11/3. You might want to change your password and setup multi factor authentication if not set. Might want to monitor your credit as well. They are still identifying what could have been exposed, right now it looks like mostly emails and full names but some personal data as well.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I'm on the same boat you are, I like what they are doing and want to support them. I will buy unless the initial offer is completely outrageous but this is play money and I have no problem letting it sit and stew.

If anyone is looking for a quick profit or need the money they are investing here anytime soon, then this is probably not the best opportunity out there for them. The short term could be a rough ride but the long play could be a little smoother.
If one expects the short term to be a rough ride (losses), why not wait and buy the dip?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Oooh gambling. Love it. I'll bet $74 that one share of RIVN will go up in value.
Sponsored