Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
The 175 share limit keeps the investment max around $10,000.
Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Still don't have the new email.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
175 max is LAME. I get cutting us all down if we all want 1000 shares but Iā€™d guess 50% of reservation holders want more than 100 shares.
I mean, they couldā€™ve told us to all pound sand and we would have had to buy on the open market.

I think offering this at all is very generous, and Iā€™m thankful for it.

Bborden

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Digital Marketing & Data
Youā€™ll receive ACH/wire instructions about an hour after completing the application

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Are you able to buy more than you marked for your intent or does that pretty much lock you in for that max amount?

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
I mean, they couldā€™ve told us to all pound sand and we would have had to buy on the open market.

I think offering this at all is very generous, and Iā€™m thankful for it.
Generous would be they also give us the same 15% rebate/discount they are giving the underwriters for their shares. But they arenā€™t.

Any share they sell to ā€œusā€ nets them more money than them selling via Goldman/DB/JP. You get that, right?

Last edited:

Bborden

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Digital Marketing & Data
Are you able to buy more than you marked for your intent or does that pretty much lock you in for that max amount?
Nope. ā€œCalculatorā€ locks at 175

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Nope. ā€œCalculatorā€ locks at 175
I meant if someone said 100, but they then decide they want 150. Are they locked at max 100 that they stated or doesnā€™t it really matter what you marked as your intent as long as itā€™s less than the max allowed?

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Generous would be they also give us the same 15% rebate/discount they are giving the underwriters for their shares. But they arenā€™t.

Any share they sell to ā€œusā€ nets them more money than them selling via Goldman/DB/JP. You get that, right?
LOL. Yes, I'm familiar with how IPOs work. My statement and position on the matter remain unchanged.

Sponsored

Bborden

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Digital Marketing & Data
I meant if someone said 100, but they then decide they want 150. Are they locked at max 100 that they stated or doesnā€™t it really matter what you marked as your intent as long as itā€™s less than the max allowed?
Ahh, yes. Just confirmed you can update your #s as long as itā€™s 175 or lower

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I reached out to Rivian thru the chat in the app. I was told that they are in a "silent" period. I checked all of my emails and have not received any correspondence from them. Are people saying that they have been able to purchase shares?
Not yet, if you sign into your account you should see an option to sign up or Pre register to receive the Info. It was a small window for Pre holders I think itā€™s past the deadline now. Youā€™ll have to theyā€™re public now I believe.
Iā€™m hoping all of that information will be provided in the Morgan Stanley communication so I know how much to open the account with.

Would be nice to get at least 200 shares but donā€™t want to put that much in a new account if the potential number is much less than that.
looks like the # of shares might be limited to 175 or about $10000 according to the Morgan Stanley application.
Sponsored