Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Can’t decide how much to buy. There is real risk here. They also set aside a similar amount for their ESG 501c4 which I don’t love given they aren’t close to being profitable. Also, $tsla market cap increased TODAY at an amount about double the total IPO value of Rivian. I don’t know how both values are correct
Sponsored

Last edited:

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

We'll see... very excited for the opportunity. And for the details, to see how long we need to keep this special DSP account open before transferring the shares. Also interested to see if we have to purchase as an individual or if we can purchase in a trust. Or even in the names of our kids for that matter... Here's the WSJ article, I didn't see this posted yet: https://www.wsj.com/articles/rivian...o-valuation-just-above-60-billion-11635792963

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Yes but to keep it simple, I made the assumption that more Reservation holders would not take advantage of the offer than the Rivian employees that are eligible and will participate.
Don't forget that pre-order holders were required to pre-register for the DSP during a specified window to even be eligible. So there's plenty of "give".

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Don't forget that pre-order holders were required to pre-register for the DSP during a specified window to even be eligible. So there's plenty of "give".
I’m hoping all of that information will be provided in the Morgan Stanley communication so I know how much to open the account with.

Would be nice to get at least 200 shares but don’t want to put that much in a new account if the potential number is much less than that.

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
“The underwriters will receive the same discount on any of our shares of Class A common stock purchased by the cornerstone investors as they will from any other shares of Class A common stock sold to the public in this offering” I want the cornerstone discount too.

15% from first day ipo

Last edited:

Sponsored

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
So depending on the allocation can we potentially double dip between SoFi and the Direct Registration?

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
So depending on the allocation can we potentially double dip between SoFi and the Direct Registration?
I just opened the account with SoFi, and expressed interest to participate.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Just got the Invitation email from Morgan Stanley.

Bborden

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Digital Marketing & Data

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
What did it say? I haven’t received mine yet.
You are invited to participate in Rivian Automotive Inc.'s (the "Company") Directed Share Program (the "Program"). As you know, the Company recently filed a registration statement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and plans to offer shares in an initial public offering ("IPO") through the Program, managed by Morgan Stanley.

To participate
  • Completing the online application does not obligate you to purchase shares in the Program nor does it guarantee you shares to purchase.
  • If you are interested in particpating in this program click the button "Learn More & Apply" below and complete the application by November 07, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. This is a personalized link and cannot be shared.
  • Confirm your shares by November 09, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, which is the expected night of IPO pricing. You will receive an email notice as soon as the pricing confirmation window opens. If you do not confirm by the deadline, your indication of interest will be cancelled, and no shares will be allocated to you.

Important dates
  • Application Deadline: November 07, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
  • Expected Pricing Date: November 09, 2021 after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
  • Expected Confirmation Deadline: November 09, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time

• The pricing date and confirmation deadline are subject to change.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(A minimum of 1 common shares in increments of 1, allowed up to 175), looks like max we can purchase thru DSP is limited to 175 shares.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just opened Morgan Stanley account thru DSP invitation, but didn't see option to transfer money or how to send (wire) money to DSP account.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
175 max is LAME. I get cutting us all down if we all want 1000 shares but I’d guess 50% of reservation holders want more than 100 shares.
All told it probably saves me from myself. I was ready to for 1,000+, but fortunately someone else is serving as the voice of reason. On the upside, if it plummets I can pick up more shares at a relative "bargain."
Sponsored