Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
FedEx and UPS are backing their own horses:

https://www.fleetowner.com/news/art...ill-buy-at-least-10000-electric-delivery-vans

https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...p-fedex-express-electric-vehicles/6637138002/

Hey, I'm a Rivian fan and have been in the queue for a couple of years (waiting for my R1S LE) but crazy valuations are crazy valuations. Plenty of room for competitors in the EV space with only 2% of vehicles sold being EV, but I'd be more confident with a little track record before an insane valuation.
Understood, I wasn't commenting on the valuation, because I don't have enough information to do so (even though that's my line of work). Ultimately, valuations of all assets are inflated right now, and there has never been an easier time to raise capital/investment in the history of the world.
Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I only know as we just purchased one. I am doing a lot of back and fourth from Charlotte to Lynchburg. This is about 3 hour drive and only requires one stop for 8 minutes in the polestar. Oh and my some has a Tesla m3 performance and he also has to stop on this same trip for 12 minutes. Biggest difference is free charging and at this point free borrowed money.
We pick up ours tomorrow. We went with a 3 years lease. Payment about $580 a month, 10k miles per year, and with $2k down.

Outside of commuting to work, there are three longer drives I'll take the Polestar. 250 miles round trip to go skiing, 540 miles round trip to visit family, and 140 miles round trip to drive to Denver.

Two of the longer trips (skiing and visiting family) will require a brief charging stop. Our Tesla Model X required charing stops on the same trip, and my guess is a Model 3 would as well.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Has anyone been contacted about buying shares after signing up?

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Once the IPO is approved and info finalized, they will have a prospectus and information on how this will all work. That info should pop up in Rivian accounts for everyone who is eligible.

Sponsored

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Anyone heard anything else about receiving shares? I submitted the form they sent but I haven’t heard anything else and WSJ just ran an article saying they are still planning on IPOing next week!

• Wow
Reactions: Jay

CarolinaEAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 4Runner, & s0---0n a 2022 LE R1T.

Sponsored

RivianNeighbor

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder
Valuation in the low $60's Billion range. Update SEC filings expected today. Roadshow for underwriters, management, and investors to begin tomorrow. Shares to trade next week sometime on NASDAQ under symbol RIVN

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. If others aren’t able to see summary is $60B evaluation, should update filing later money, road show by management to pitch to investors Tuesday, should start trading next week.

Does anyone know if we were offered shares through DSP, how long we have to “come up with the money” we want to invest. For example if we want to move funds from other places.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Does anyone know if we were offered shares through DSP, how long we have to “come up with the money” we want to invest. For example if we want to move funds from other places.
I don't think any details are out about that yet, but my guess is you may only have a day or two of notice to open an account at whatever brokerage they decide to use for the program and fund it. I'd just make sure you have the cash you want to use sitting somewhere ready for withdrawal in the next day or two because the window will probably be open for a very short time only.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. If others aren’t able to see summary is $60B evaluation, should update filing later money, road show by management to pitch to investors Tuesday, should start trading next week.

I'm curious what the share price will be, how many are reserved for preorder holders and how many each person can purchase.

I understand that the second and third items are essentially the same, but when will we get those details?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
One example of a DSP that is likely very similar:
http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/shares/pdf/faq-RUN.pdf

In the above program, you have 3 days after trading begins to fund your account. If you fail to do so, shares will be removed from your account. You would be responsible for any losses (and forfeit any gains)

Best to have the amount you are looking to invest fully (or at least fairly) liquid. It is likely when you open the account with the administering brokerage you can establish links to existing bank/brokerage accounts to transfer money.
Sponsored