Email received, pre registration complete
Sponsored

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
From the FAQ page:
We intend to reserve a portion of shares of Rivian’s common stock for eligible customers who of Rivian who reside in the US. These shares will be available for eligible customers to purchase at the IPO price, without paying a brokerage fee, as part of the IPO.
Sorry Canadians...

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
So, do we win the lottery by ordering more vehicles, or the people who preordered on 2018 get dibs?
They mentioned a limited #of stocks, but no idea how many

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

So, do we win the lottery by ordering more vehicles, or the people who preordered on 2018 get dibs?
They mentioned a limited #of stocks, but no idea how many
I'm assuming the cap will be based on the number of stocks that they have allocated for this divided by the number of people who express interest. I would be surprised if they allocate stock based on number of preorders or date.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Well that sucks. No Canadians eh!
"In some cases certain account characteristics may identify non-US resident customers as US residents. However, due to regulatory constraints, this Program is only available for US residents."

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I also got the email and signed up. My buddy funded his Model S entirely from TSLA profits. Hopefully, I will be so fortunate.
That is a mighty high expectation to meet. Tesla created the market at which they excel. They won the race because no one else was in it. Granted Rivian is starting with a much better product and a healthy amount of cash but yet to show they can run a car business and win in a competitive market. Expecting Tesla kinda return is setting yourself up for disappointment. If you want to support a business you love, that is a different story.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I wonder what the share price might be and how many shares were allowed to purchase.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I’ll probably purchase $10k or so. I believe Rivian will do well based on the quality of the R1T vehicles at the hub. SUV will have huge appeal.

Edit. I got in late on Tesla and my $7k investment has grown to $53k. — could have been much more. I delayed purchasing because of my own frustration on the build quality and level of service Tesla provided. Hope Rivian has taken good notes on Tesla’s missteps.

Last edited:

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Wonder if early pre-orders would get a chance at more shares. That would be nice.

Sponsored

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
I did not get any email, but do see the icon for pre-registration. Maybe it is slated to go out later today?
My email was in my spam folder just fyi.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm hoping my $1700 investment in TSLA (valued today at $40K plus) will fund my Rivian IPO shares and with my Model 3 trade-in fund the purchase of my R1T LE this year.

Any hopefully use the 2021 EV $7500 Tax credit to offset my TSLA long term gains ;-)

#shipthedamntruck

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
Pre-registered as well... mixed feelings. Love the R1T and want Rivian to succeed. Furthermore, I want my R1T ASAP!

That said, jumping in with an $80B initial valuation, top 5-ish in the automotive world without having yet sold a couple of hundred vehicles, feels to me like it will take some patience in order to capitalize on an IPO investment. I am prepping myself to lose money initially, but hold long-term... as I believe in this company's success and I believe they have the resources to make it work.

This $ world is nuts...

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I signed up but will wait to see what the valuation and price per share ends up being. At least since its an IPO and not a SPAC, won't have to worry about a big pump and dump.
Sponsored