Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thought folks might like to read the Motley Fool's take (Via Nasdaq.com) on whether to invest: https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/should-you-climb-aboard-ev-maker-rivians-ipo-2021-10-20

Curious to see how many on here agree with their take.
I think the poster makes some valid points, it is a risky investment. They donā€™t have much revenue or history of success, lots of competition is coming In the EV market.

I hate the comparison to a $40k F150 lightning which will be a super basic commercial truck but the article isnā€™t alone in that comparison.
Sponsored

Reactions: Max

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Sucks ! Canada is not included in the DSP !

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
All valid points, my take is sign up, you are not obligated to follow through but if you do not sign up you are locked out.

I prefer to keep my options open, especially after seeing the vehicle in Venice this past weekend. The build quality is there, they have already discussed several other models that will be more mass market, they are already showing fore thought looking for a plant in Europe and a second plant in the US. I find it hard to fault any company for delays in the world we currently are in. The next couple of months will help me decide what direction to go, having the option is better than not having it, especially with no downside to signing up.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
We will be able to buy at the IPO price, not the first market trade so that could be a huge advantage and you may be able to sell day 1 for a significant gain. Or it could be a significant loss if they overestimate demand.

The Twitter followers between RJ and Musk is a real problem. No one I know has ever heard of Rivian, even people who are currently considering a model Y or other EVs. Iā€™ve told 2 friends about the R1S this week and to consider it instead of a model Y.

Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Pretty frustrated to see them exclude Canadians from the program. I realize it may be their partner that is limiting it.

And after the S1 filing showing a (very likely) delay until February 2022 for Canadian deliveries (despite CS still claiming the will start deliveries of the R1S in Canada in Nov....rriiigghhhtt)..... ?
Itā€™s a regulatory requirement. Nothing to do with their administrator partner.

TDWRT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of German cars
Occupation
Finance
Dead simple to pre-register. No details about share quantity or price(obviously) but did state that shares are limited. Next communication will be from the DSP administrator once the preliminary prospectus is filed with the SEC. Don't know when that will be.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
These are lottery ticket type statements. Comments like this make me NOT want to participate.
Youā€™re not going to participate because someone youā€™ve never even met has outsized expectations on their return? Even though it has literally zero impact on you? Odd.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Andy96734

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX 90D 2016
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Got same and preregistration doneā€”that was easyā€¦..

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

ghorse

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime