Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
My email was in my spam folder just fyi.
Mine finally came through a couple of hours ago, in my regular inbox.
Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Have they delivered any vehicles to the general public yet? Asking for a friend.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

I'm in! No telling what price point will be, but that will determine alot of folks decision on whether to proceed or not. To me, it's a chance to take a flyer on a company that is way more funded then most others that go public and I understand there's going to be ups and downs, but in the long run, I firmly believe this stock could do very well. I'm in Rivian! Now Let's GO!!!

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Thought folks might like to read the Motley Fool's take (Via Nasdaq.com) on whether to invest:
Motley Fool is run by a hedge fund. They're about as reliable and trustworthy a source on stocks as CNBC.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Anyone wonder how this whole thing will go down, the AirBNB IPO is a great example. They allowed their hosts to invest prior to the IPO and there are many articles out there on how it worked.

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
I wonder what the share price might be and how many shares were allowed to purchase.
Clearly based on interest. If the 50,000 people who put their $1,000 down each expressed interest (highly unlikely) nobody would get much.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Here's some broad IPO data from the past 12 months to chew on for a week or two. There's obviously a lot more to evaluate regarding how Rivian might perform. I broke out Tech, Consumer and Industrials sectors, since Rivian plays in all three sectors.

All business sectors:
418 IPOs - 200 gained value (47.8%), 218 lost value

Tech Sector:
98 IPOs - 64 gained value (65.3%), 34 lost value; biggest gain 179%, biggest loss 73%

Consumer Goods Sector:
39 IPOs - 15 gained value (38.4%), 24 lost value; biggest gain 167%, biggest loss 74%

Industrial Sector:
15 IPOs - 13 gained value (86.6%), 2 lost value; biggest gain 233%, biggest loss 18%

Reference: Raw data from IPOScoop.com

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
I wonder what the share price might be and how many shares were allowed to purchase.
When Alibaba =(Chinese amazon) listed for their ipo at 21 billion dollars they offered 48 million shares the share price was $68.00. This was the largest ipo in U.S. history.

I will buy the max share amount alloted to me, however I will feel lucky if it goes up 10% in a year.
This is not a moon shot stock the ipo has its price already built it.

Hope this helps with a rough estimate.
I belive in Rivian and want to support them.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Motley Fool is run by a hedge fund. They're about as reliable and trustworthy a source on stocks as CNBC.
I find their emails really pushy - but that aside, their take on Rivian doesn't seem unreasonable. Who would you consider a reliable and trustworthy source in this space?

Sponsored

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Website
RidingRoadsAndTrails.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi SQ5, Ford Transit
Occupation
retired
These are lottery ticket type statements. Comments like this make me NOT want to participate.
LOL - maybe you have a different investing strategy than I do. Every time I purchase stock, I do so with the expectation that it will appreciate in value over time. But, you do you.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
When Alibaba =(Chinese amazon) listed for their ipo at 21 billion dollars they offered 48 million shares the share price was $68.00. This was the largest ipo in U.S. history.

I will buy the max share amount alloted to me, however I will feel lucky if it goes up 10% in a year.
This is not a moon shot stock the ipo has its price already built it.

Hope this helps with a rough estimate.
I belive in Rivian and want to support them.
I'm on the same boat you are, I like what they are doing and want to support them. I will buy unless the initial offer is completely outrageous but this is play money and I have no problem letting it sit and stew.

If anyone is looking for a quick profit or need the money they are investing here anytime soon, then this is probably not the best opportunity out there for them. The short term could be a rough ride but the long play could be a little smoother.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I find their emails really pushy - but that aside, their take on Rivian doesn't seem unreasonable. Who would you consider a reliable and trustworthy source in this space?
At this point? Other retail investors on social media with due diligence that holds up to scrutiny. FD: I might be in a certain "meme" stock that's convinced me much of the market is a lie and most of the financial news is corrupt or can be leaned on through advertising/favors, etc. But I started arriving at this conclusion while investing in EV spacs.

Bloomberg's a little fluffy but I haven't seen them shilling for anybody yet. Fox financial coverage tends to be a lot more dedicated to integrity than their political coverage is but they've got at least one weasel on staff. And to be fair, most establishment coverage is reporting honestly some of the time to maintain a shred of credibility. Just take it with a big grain of salt. Especially when it's about individual stocks and not the market at large. And of course there's a lot of coverage that's just a little clueless or not as well-researched as it could be. I'd treat Marketwatch and CNBC as bizarro indicators at this point. If they hate or keep trying to distract from something, it's worth looking into why. If they love it, watch out for the dump.

I used to be a journalist in the gaming industry, so a little influence wouldn't have surprised me. Sometimes it might be better to just not review the product when it's that bad rather than lose ads over it if there weren't a lot of eyes on it in the first place. But the degree to which the financial media mischaracterizes and lies when it suits their handlers... it's really blatant. Downright lazy-blatant at this point.

And of course, watch out for stock cargo cults among retailers. Plenty of ways to manipulate social media as well.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
So question. Will this be kind of like stock options or more of a first crack at Rivian shares at its perhaps somewhat enthusiastic 80 billion valuation before it hits the market? I've read IPOs tend to dump out of the gate at first even when they do well, ultimately.
Sponsored