First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Ford should've partner with plugshare...
Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Also watched it this AM. Very well done with good detail.

I would like to know the average price of gas however as I think the savings using an electric car would be much great here in California.
Omg. I just spent $5.09 for premium in a California today. Guess our new leader is doing a great job.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
For what? I'm not following what plugshare would have brought them.
Licensing PlugShare data would enable the Ford navigation to make better decisions about which charger locations to use — specifically charge rate and crowd-sourced reports about charging success.

Knowing where a charger is located is one thing. But knowing that it’s been broken for the last few weeks is gold.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Licensing PlugShare data would enable the Ford navigation to make better decisions about which charger locations to use — specifically charge rate and crowd-sourced reports about charging success.

Knowing where a charger is located is one thing. But knowing that it’s been broken for the last few weeks is gold.
Thanks.

Doesn't ford know the charging rate of most chargers?

Maybe I'm missing something, I don't dig into plugshare that much, but aren't their station reports from the provider (like EA?)? I haven't seen a way to see if a station works for users other than looking at the recent written reports. So it seems like plugshare would have to do more with what the collect from users.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Thanks.

Doesn't ford know the charging rate of most chargers?

Maybe I'm missing something, I don't dig into plugshare that much, but aren't their station reports from the provider (like EA?)? I haven't seen a way to see if a station works for users other than looking at the recent written reports. So it seems like plugshare would have to do more with what the collect from users.
Users can add reports/comments.

There’s also a “PlugShare score” that can provide an at-a-glance idea of whether it’s normally a good charger. Even just adding a filter such as >=8.0 would greatly help. Then expose user reviews in the UI so users can drill down if they want. Also PlugShare has great user-submitted photos of locations. Sometimes finding the actual charger is harder than just going to an address.

Here’s an example of a reliable charger. Notice the 10 score.

Rivian R1T R1S Driving 1000 Miles in 3 Cars: Gas Vs Electric 7FAD1B54-C227-43E8-910B-477A6B987A6C

Here’s an example of a bad charger. Notice the 3.2 score.

Rivian R1T R1S Driving 1000 Miles in 3 Cars: Gas Vs Electric 6E0CCD50-4414-4A6F-8867-19AED3E98DFD

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Users can add reports/comments.

There’s also a “PlugShare score” that can provide an at-a-glance idea of whether it’s normally a good charger. Even just adding a filter such as >=8.0 would greatly help. Then expose user reviews in the UI so users can drill down if they want. Also PlugShare has great user-submitted photos of locations. Sometimes finding the actual charger is harder than just going to an address.

Here’s an example of a reliable charger. Notice the 10 score.

7FAD1B54-C227-43E8-910B-477A6B987A6C.png

Here’s an example of a bad charger. Notice the 3.2 score.

6E0CCD50-4414-4A6F-8867-19AED3E98DFD.png
Thanks. That's what I thought. I've never used the score and have relied on the recent comments, but that makes sense. Do they reset the score after a repair has been done?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
AFAIK PulgShare is 100% crowd sourced.

ABRP has a free and a paid version. The paid version evidently gets info from the network operators who furnish it. You can check the operational status of EA stations, including how many terminals are occupied.

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
AFAIK PulgShare is 100% crowd sourced.

ABRP has a free and a paid version. The paid version evidently gets info from the network operators who furnish it. You can check the operational status of EA stations, including how many terminals are occupied.
Do we know if RIVIAN will have at launch, or plans to have real-time charger info like availability and speed from at least EA or the other charging networks?

Does any other car brand offer it now? Ford, VW, Porche etc…? Except Tesla.

Last edited:

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Tesla has it
Yes, I forgot to add that and just did. We use it all the time, and can’t imagine not having access to that info on the large car GUI, and planning where to charge on trips with my phone. Thanks.

Zeroemit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90 Hybrid
Well we do… but he doesn’t know it. Lol.
Well, i guess the leader can lower gas prices, (maybe... certainly debatable subject) like the other leader that suggest all bad news about me is fake and all good news is real - but then you wouldn't have gotten your $7500 in tax credit for your Tesla - and I am assuming your upcoming Rivian.

I guess that what they call going against your own interest...lol

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
From watching their experience, I couldn’t help but thinking about smartphone integration some more. For the Mach-E, they couldn’t rely on the built in navigation and route planning; and on the second day the crew decided to opt out of using the built in system and instead were mapping the route themselves. I imagine that if you have a crew and a designated co-pilot to navigate you its not too big of an issue, but I also imagine that if Apple CarPlay or Android Auto was available, they could have just used the infotainment screen to access that info so much more seamlessly and been aware of the non-functioning chargers before arriving at them.
Sponsored