First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC sierra
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone heard if the Rivian R1T will have the Driver Seat Memory Option?
Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
What, like where you can have the seat remember different configurations for different drivers?

I would be SUPER surprised if a vehicle at this price point didn’t have memory seats. Even like 25K econoboxes have memory seats these days

OP
OP

Pcr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC sierra
Occupation
Retired
What, like where you can have the seat remember different configurations for different drivers?

I would be SUPER surprised if a vehicle at this price point didn’t have memory seats. Even like 25K econoboxes have memory seats these days
Exactly! Rivian spokesperson told me they did not know yet. I would also be shocked. It better.

OP
OP

Pcr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC sierra
Occupation
Retired
Exactly! Rivian spokesperson told me they did not know yet. I would also be shocked. It better.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I don't want anyone else driving mine, so couldn't care less. Set it and forget it.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I don't want anyone else driving mine, so couldn't care less. Set it and forget it.
That might prove difficult when it comes time for service.

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
BMW, Volvo, Audi, and other benchmark vehicles I am aware of have at least offered memory seats as an option for almost two decades. Has no evidence of preset switches appeared to date? This would be a silly, cheap thing to lose customers over, but with a 13” height difference between drivers in my house, we’d likely end up as one of them.

OP
OP

Pcr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC sierra
Occupation
Retired
BMW, Volvo, Audi, and other benchmark vehicles I am aware of have at least offered memory seats as an option for almost two decades. Has no evidence of preset switches appeared to date? This would be a silly, cheap thing to lose customers over, but with a 13” height difference between drivers in my house, we’d likely end up as one of them.
I am with you on that. Once I have it set to my liking, I hate having it changed and figuring it out again. Hopefully all will be fine.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Even so you want it depending on how the seats sit in the vehicle. It is much easier, for example, to enter or exit a Tesla MX with the seats way back from where the comfortable (for me) driving position is located. Thus when you put the car in park and undo your seatbelt the seat slides back and the back rest moves rearward. When you get into the car it detects who you are (by your fob) and returns the seat to your preferred position when you are buckled up.

Sponsored

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Has anyone heard if the Rivian R1T will have the Driver Seat Memory Option?
Nothing confirmed yet, but I would like to see it integrated with the smartphone app that will be paired with the vehicle, as well as probably integrated controls in the touch screen as opposed to physical buttons on the seats.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
If the app is going to require a monthly fee forget it. Monthly fees are becoming a scam.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Nothing confirmed yet, but I would like to see it integrated with the smartphone app that will be paired with the vehicle, as well as probably integrated controls in the touch screen as opposed to physical buttons on the seats.
I suspect it would be implemented as part of a profile as you described. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't included, and if it has physical buttons, someone would have spotted them already.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I'd be quite surprised if there were no physical buttons. One doesn't want to have to go searching through menus while driving in order to move his seat forward half an inch. There aren't many buttons in the Tesla Model X. The seat positioning control clusters are one of the few exceptions (the others being windows, gearshift, auto pilot, windshield wipers, emergency flasher, steering wheel position and glove box).