Sponsored

Driver+ Not up to current Spec - A Deal Breaker (?)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
. I’ll try not to make fun of you because you are from north of the border.
thanks for the display of xenophobia.
Sponsored

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
thanks for the display of xenophobia.
No xenophobia here. I was simply making reference to your own logo about not killing you because you are Canadian. I suppose I was just reacting to your reference to my dumb comment. Feel free to disagree with me but no need to add unnecessary disparaging remarks. I am not the only one that is uncomfortable with handsfree driving. It may be fine in the countryside but not so much in the kind of traffic I am used to.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

The move towards autonomous driving was absolutely one of the reason's I went with an advanced Adventure Vehicle, while not on the top of the list, it was important and still is. My overall opinion of driving two-months is that Driver+ is more of a novelty at this point and most all of my freeways are mapped, so it works the best it can. I use it daily and my confidence is not high on how well it works. Won't change lanes while in Drivers+/cruise when approaching a car....gets highly confused and can jerk the steering wheel on odd lane merges on my 202 freeway....when they ground the lines off the US60 freeway for resurfacing, it doesn't know what the heck to do......

My biggest concern is at which point in the process will Rivian attempt to put me on a subscription.......I'm ultra-patient and know it will take time to get anywhere near where Tesla is today, but I shouldn't have to pay to get it to current Tesla level...that is certain.....

Work in progress....
Sponsored