Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Mercedes ML350
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

I downloaded the new software last night and was most interested in seeing what if any improvement they made in the lane centering aspect of Driver+.

I've been pretty disappointed so far in the quality of the lane centering and felt like it ping ponged around in the lane. I always felt on pins and needles, especially with another vehicle right next to me in the adjacent lane. I only drove for a short while on the highway today, but it's a section I know well and and am very familiar with the Rivian's typical performance and it was a night and day difference! Much smoother corrections, very confidence inspiring lane keeping and very smooth tracking in the turns. Nice job, Rivian team, this is a much needed improvement.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I downloaded the new software last night and was most interested in seeing what if any improvement they made in the lane centering aspect of Driver+.

I've been pretty disappointed so far in the quality of the lane centering and felt like it ping ponged around in the lane. I always felt on pins and needles, especially with another vehicle right next to me in the adjacent lane. I only drove for a short while on the highway today, but it's a section I know well and and am very familiar with the Rivian's typical performance and it was a night and day difference! Much smoother corrections, very confidence inspiring lane keeping and very smooth tracking in the turns. Nice job, Rivian team, this is a much needed improvement.
Things are looking up.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

is that something Rivian listed as being addressed in this latest update? just wondering if its the update or Driver+ just being inconsistent (with your latest test being a good test).

OP
OP
ElectrifiedOverland

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

is that something Rivian listed as being addressed in this latest update? just wondering if its the update or Driver+ just being inconsistent (with your latest test being a good test).

Yes, it's listed in the release notes as something that was addressed. Whatever tweaks they made were good ones.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Nice! I just got the update this morning. Can't wait to test it out myself. I agree with your description of Driver+ pre-update. I wouldn't say it ping pongs the same way those LKA systems do on Chevy/Honda/Toyotas, but i notice it seems to over/under correct constantly in the middle of curves. If that's what you mean by ping-pong, then yea, i'll definitely keep an eye out on that

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT

Installed overnight, I was impressed with what seemed to be an improved ride quality while using Highway Assist today. I only got to use it a couple miles before the freeway ended and it started yelling at me that it was disabling. I did not notice any bobbing and the lane centering seemed very smooth. Looking forward to more miles of testing it out!

glgoody

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I'm assuming you downloaded 2022.39.1 which I've been waiting for because I've been really disappointed with the lack of lane centering. It has been more like playing ping pong with the Lane Keep which in upon itself isn't great. It looks like 2022.39.1 came out yesterday so I will definitely give it a try.

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Was driving last night in a light rain and had considerable pull and release, pull and release while in a long smooth curve. Driver+ would oversteer and then release to get back in the curve and it couldn't find a good angle. A little sickening. Maybe this new release helps with that.

OP
OP
ElectrifiedOverland

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

I'm assuming you downloaded 2022.39.1 which I've been waiting for because I've been really disappointed with the lack of lane centering. It has been more like playing ping pong with the Lane Keep which in upon itself isn't great. It looks like 2022.39.1 came out yesterday so I will definitely give it a try.

Yes, this is 2022.39.1, in my opinion and on my local roads, it's a massive improvement over the previous software.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Why does it take a week or more for Rivian to release updates to such a small installed fleet? What’s going to happen when they have hundreds of thousands of vehicles on the road?

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Why does it take a week or more for Rivian to release updates to such a small installed fleet? What’s going to happen when they have hundreds of thousands of vehicles on the road?
Software releases are intentionally released slowly as a percentage of the fleet. This is for bake purposes and risk management.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Software releases are intentionally released slowly as a percentage of the fleet. This is for bake purposes and risk management.

What criteria is used for the block release? SN? Region? Money randomness? Other (please specify)?