Driver+ glitches

scottf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just returned from a 600-mile trip and I experienced about half a dozen "glitches" while in adaptive cruise control. Essentially cruising down an empty road and the R1T suddenly applies the brakes due to...shadows? Wind? Dunno.

I actually thought it might be shadows because of the time of day but it happened a couple of other times with no shadows so not sure now. It's a bit unsettling when the truck decides to brake. I'm going to call them an report it, but anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Yep, it's called "phantom braking" and Teslas relying purely on vision (cameras) have been experiencing it even more-so. I experienced it two or three times on my recent road trip in the R1T.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just returned from a 600-mile trip and I experienced about half a dozen "glitches" while in adaptive cruise control. Essentially cruising down an empty road and the R1T suddenly applies the brakes due to...shadows? Wind? Dunno.

I actually thought it might be shadows because of the time of day but it happened a couple of other times with no shadows so not sure now. It's a bit unsettling when the truck decides to brake. I'm going to call them an report it, but anyone else experienced this?
I’ve had the same experience and have the most trouble in the late afternoon or early evening when the shadows are in max effect. I really like the adaptive cruise but always have my foot at the ready to accelerate in case of sudden phantom braking. Fortunately, there hasn’t been anyone riding my tail during the times I wasn’t prepared.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just be ready to take control
Sponsored