Sponsored

DriveElectric Earth Day Meetup April 23rd 2022, Wilsonville, OR.

ean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
It would be great to have a good turnout from Rivian owners at the DriveElectric event next Saturday, April 23rd. Register here: https://driveelectricearthday.org/event?eventid=2928.

I hope to see you there.
@MikeFVF51 thanks for posting this. I don't think I met you there but it's possible. I noticed your post and am in Portland for the weekend on vacation from WI. Convinced my wife it was worth driving down to Wilsonville for a sighting and all of the other EVs on display. Thanks @DuckTruck for sharing your R1T at the event!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@MikeFVF51 thanks for posting this. I don't think I met you there but it's possible. I noticed your post and am in Portland for the weekend on vacation from WI. Convinced my wife it was worth driving down to Wilsonville for a sighting and all of the other EVs on display. Thanks @DuckTruck for sharing your R1T at the event!
Ean,

It was my great pleasure to get to visit with you and your family. It was really nice to be included in the event and to meet all the folks that showed up. We couldnt have had a better day for it!

Safe travels back to Wisconsin. I wish I'd mentioned it to @Mjhirsch78, as he has deep roots from WI and likely would've made the journey to join us from the Puget Sound area. Speaking of which, there's another, larger EV gathering next Saturday from 9-3 in Newport, on the Oregon Coast, for all who might be interested. I'm sure the info is here in the Forums, or will be posted shortly.

Again, I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay, and safe travels heading home!

OP
OP

MikeFVF51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro RWD, VW Routan
Occupation
Retired Sales Manager
ean,

Thanks for the note. My wife and I drove our VW ID.4 Pro down from Portland and had a really nice time showing it off.

@DuckTruck had his Rivian R1T there and was a great source of information about Rivian and letting folks crawl all over his truck.

There were every model of Tesla on display as well as two Polstar 2, a couple of Ionics, Leafs, Bolts, and an Arcimoto.

What a wonderful day to see so many EV options and talk to actual owners about their experiences driving and charging their EVs.

Special thanks go out to Oregon Electric Vehicle Association for pulling it together. Visit them at OEVA.org.

Mike

ean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
My wife and I drove our VW ID.4 Pro down from Portland and had a really nice time showing it off.
Was it the white ID.4 that had the car seat in it? If so it was also cool as when I last drove an ID.4 we did not have our son so it was nice to see the car seat in the back for fit. We've got a 2019 Tiguan and it feels similar in size.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MikeFVF51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro RWD, VW Routan
Occupation
Retired Sales Manager
@ean, we had the white ID.4 with the car seat. We haul our grandkids around and many people ask about the room in the back seat. Our daughter-in-law has a Tiguan and our cars are the same length and width. The roofline is the only difference in the two and that allows for 3rd row seating in her car.

Reactions: ean

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Ean,

It was my great pleasure to get to visit with you and your family. It was really nice to be included in the event and to meet all the folks that showed up. We couldnt have had a better day for it!

Safe travels back to Wisconsin. I wish I'd mentioned it to @Mjhirsch78, as he has deep roots from WI and likely would've made the journey to join us from the Puget Sound area. Speaking of which, there's another, larger EV gathering next Saturday from 9-3 in Newport, on the Oregon Coast, for all who might be interested. I'm sure the info is here in the Forums, or will be posted shortly.

Again, I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay, and safe travels heading home!
Dang! I woulda tried to get there for sure for a fellow Wisconsinite.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I drove up from southern Oregon to go. I was a great time with some awesome people. I was hoping to see and get more info on both the Rivian and the VW id4 and the owners of both were so gracious with their vehicles and time. I spoke with @MikeFVF51 and @DuckTruck at the event and I want to thank both of you for letting us paw at your vehicles all day. It was a great time and I’m so eager to get my R1T. Bruce your R1T looked so good! It was the star of the show! It was great meeting you and the others that shared their time and vehicles.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I only got a couple pics, but here you are! I made sure to get both my Aricmoto and DuckTruck's Rivian in both of them. 😁

Rivian R1T R1S DriveElectric Earth Day Meetup April 23rd 2022, Wilsonville, OR. 1650923585695

Rivian R1T R1S DriveElectric Earth Day Meetup April 23rd 2022, Wilsonville, OR. 1650923598644

Great set of vehicles. Was kind of sad to see no BMW i3. I miss mine, would have been nice to see one again.

Vehicles I saw (some multiple of - there were more Bolts than Model 3s!):
Rivian R1T (DuckTruck's with the great matte PPF.)
Arcimoto FUV
Chevrolet Bolt
Chevrolet Volt
Fiat 500e
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Hyundai Ioniq 5
Kia EV6
Kia Niro EV
Nissan Leaf
Polestar 2
Tesla S
Tesla 3