Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Truly impressive mental gymnastics on display here to justify why one might camp out on the wrong side of the street for an extended period of time with oncoming traffic...see you all in Paris 2024!
Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Rivian R1T R1S Drive Cam caught my game of chicken jxr2u717d8031

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Hold on now... do you know what she was doing?

I used to drive for Uber and the app would often have me arriving on the wrong side of the street. Instead of making the rider cross traffic, I would sometimes pull up to the left curb to get the rider.

Of course, when I did this I had my hazards on, and it was a last resort if I couldn't go up a little further and hook a U-turn, but still.

She may have had a valid reason (in her mind) so why didn't you just go around?
To clear this up - no - I could see her giving me hand gestures and what I assume was cussing me out too. She was going at least 25-35mph then we both stopped - she wasn't stopped before. She gave me the double birdies when she finally passed me. I will say, on nextdoor app - this street is highly talked about of people speeding through, not paying attention to traffic laws, etc. It's a neighborhood like street and some people do not respect that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I don't understand why you couldn't have just gone around? It's a residential street with a broken line in the center...

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

I don't understand why you couldn't have just gone around? It's a residential street with a broken line in the center...
When I saw her raising her hands and getting all upset I wouldn't get out of my own lane - I drew the line :)

Tim in NC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
With is it with drivers who don't want to obey traffic laws???

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
This woman was in the wrong - whatever she was doing. The middle of the road (wrong side of the road in this case) is no place to stop and do what you think you’re entitled to do. There is no portion of the road that is “recess”. You want to take a break park the car correctly.

To use my least favorite phrase ”Adulting is hard…”

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

When I saw her raising her hands and getting all upset I wouldn't get out of my own lane - I drew the line :)
I wouldn't take on the liability of driving on the wrong side of the road in those circumstances, either.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Maybe because she's in the F*cking wrong in this case.

Good on the OP here. This world is full of idiots.
Sounds like your ego is clouding your judgement. Best to avoid those idiots and not add one more to the world...

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Sounds like your ego is clouding your judgement. Best to avoid those idiots and not add one more to the world...
If you want to avoid someone in a situation like this then make a safe U-turn and go a different route. Regardless of ego, I think staying put was the right thing to do from a liability standpoint. If I start driving on the wrong side of the road, I’m now also in the wrong as far as the law is concerned.

To;dr If something goes wrong, even if not technically my fault, I don’t want to be on the wrong side of the road when it happens.

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

No good deed goes unpunished. I happen to be THAT guy! I guarantee you at the exact moment I moved over on the wrong side of the street, some kid would come flying out of his driveway on his dirt bike and slam into me. Forget about the lawsuits and the civil and criminal trials, the kid would have catastrophic injuries that would haunt me the rest of my life.

It's times like this when I wish I drove an M1 Abrams. Ooops, sorry ma'am didn't see you there :D
Sponsored