domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I performed a soft reboot today and the vehicle awoke with the notification that I need to service my suspension. The notification persisted after another reboot. Then upon pressing the brake pedal while in park the message just disappeared. Has anyone else seen glitches like this? Am I in for a nasty surprise in the near future?

Before:
Rivian R1T R1S Dreaded 'Service Suspension Soon' warning disappeared 20221027_165735

After:
Rivian R1T R1S Dreaded 'Service Suspension Soon' warning disappeared 20221027_170049
Sponsored

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I would check the suspension wire harness connectors and make sure they are all fully seated.

OP
OP
domoplaytime

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I would check the suspension wire harness connectors and make sure they are all fully seated.
I would too if I knew how... Time to do some searching. Thanks for the tip!

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

This was my issue. I had a service suspension soon message that was intermittent at first and then persistent. The truck struggled to switch from soft to hard dampers and would sometimes do it randomly. Turns out there was a small connector on the harness that was broken, likely from the factory, and once that connector was replaced everything was fine.

Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I had this exact scenario happen today. After updating to 2022.39.1 my compressor wasn't working. I figured the infotainment reset might help, so I did the soft reset (btw did not help and yes I have read the other thread about the defects in the most recent OTA). Afterwards I received the Service Suspension s00n message. I pressed the brake pedal and it went away. I will be checking all the connectors tomorrow.

OP
OP
domoplaytime

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
There are numerous reports of erroneous error messages. I believe Rivian is still tuning what constitutes an actual error, and these erroneous error messages are a natural artifact of this process. In general, if they go away and stay away after a sleep they are of no concern. Persistent or frequent errors should be reported.

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
I experienced a week of random suspension and drive error messages that would come and go. Rivian told me to just drive it, which I did but eventually something did break.
They still have it and I haven’t gotten a solid answer on what was / is broken.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
When my mobile tech came for the recall issue, we talked about the soft and hard resets. He said the soft reset was just the infotainment system and does nothing related to things like suspension. For any suspension related error messages, he said the first thing they usually recommend is a hard reset.

It came up because recently I have noticed when in All Purpose or Conserve Auto modes, it seems to take a few miles and a lot longer to lower at higher speeds then it did when the modes were introduced. When slowing down, it very quickly raises back to standard height though. I had one trip where it wouldn't seem to lower at all unless I did it manually. I haven't had any warning messages though, so watching it for now.

Sponsored

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
My wife told me she got the Service Suspension warning yesterday...it was just after we updated and after we had turned on Kneel Mode. Haven't seen it since.

Now we are thinking about the lifespan of the Air Suspension and if we should turn off kneel mode.

Last edited:

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
I had this exact scenario happen today. After updating to 2022.39.1 my compressor wasn't working. I figured the infotainment reset might help, so I did the soft reset (btw did not help and yes I have read the other thread about the defects in the most recent OTA). Afterwards I received the Service Suspension s00n message. I pressed the brake pedal and it went away. I will be checking all the connectors tomorrow.
I got a similar warning today. Would you mind sharing how to check these connectors? Searched for info and couldn't find anything helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored