Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
OMG, that is the worst drag strip I have seen on a car review channel. It is possibly even dangerous to use that track for testing.
Either way, great to see (the predictable) outcome of R1T beating the TRX (it was beaten on paper even before the race).
Seriously, one of them drove off the end after the drag race because it's too short/not enough room to brake and/or turn. Surface looked pretty rough as well. I wouldn't read a lot into the actual times, just relative performance.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
As has been stated elsewhere in this forum, splitting hairs between 3.2 and 3.9 sec 0-60 is mute, as is comparing splits with certain sneakers.

99% of US drivers have never seen this kinda dig outta the hole for any vehicle. Hope the brakes are as effective considering the bulk of this eyeball peeler.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Yea... I've been wanting to set up a drag race between my Plaid, X and the R1T. Just can't find the road to do it on LOL

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I do not watch these guys but clearly the son has let the Rivian history go, dad not so much….

You could tell he was really disappointed the TRX lost.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That's always been his schtick during a drag race.
He's generally been more anti-Rivian than other manufacturers that I can remember. At least in the few instances I've seen him discuss the truck. Apparently the R1T design is outdated, but he doesn't say a word about the design language of the Ram that dates back to Chuck Norris and the current gen F150 which has the had the same iconic window sill since like 2009.

I suspect he was just projecting because they didn't have the relationship with Rivian that they wanted (at least at the time).

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I do not watch these guys but clearly the son has let the Rivian history go, dad not so much….
Agreed. And Tommy is much more interested in EVs. I think Roman drives a model Y, at least sometimes, but he still definitely seems to have a lot of frustration of BEVs.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

You could tell he was really disappointed the TRX lost.
To be fair, if I had a Ram TRX, I would be upset it lost easily also. It's only a year old and got smoked.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
These guys are cheesy as hell…so cringe. And just the first 3 vids they’ve made have been chock full of errors…?‍♂

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
These guys are cheesy as hell…so cringe. And just the first 3 vids they’ve made have been chock full of errors…?‍♂
Rely on them for "fun" reviews with silly antics basically. They do a towing test that's interesting, and their 0-60 tests are mostly for fun. They've come up with some interesting ways to test things like traction control (putting different wheel combinations on rollers), but in general if you want hard facts and testing and excellence on the journalistic front they probably shouldn't be the first place to go.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Everything I've seen from these guys makes me think they want to be Clarkson and friends. Roman in particular smacks of a cheap imitation version of Jeremy Clarkson without any of the charm.

Weirdly, Jezzer and May have better chemistry than a father/son duo.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Everything I've seen from these guys makes me think they want to be Clarkson and friends. Roman in particular smacks of a cheap imitation version of Jeremy Clarkson without any of the charm.

Weirdly, Jezzer and May have better chemistry than a father/son duo.
SPEEEEEEEEEED!!!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Yea... I've been wanting to set up a drag race between my Plaid, X and the R1T. Just can't find the road to do it on LOL
Iwantatesla,

As a thank you for all you've done and shared with us, and to take one for the team, I'll be there to help you by driving either of your vehicles when the need arises. I might suggest we'll need to swap cars back-and-forth and make multiple runs in each to make up for differences in body mass and ability to stomp the pedal to the floor.

No need to thank me. Friends don't let friends do the heavy lifting without help.

Keep me posted! ?

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Riv For The Win! I would like to see 60 to 0 emergency braking test distance…hopefully it’s nothing like the MS Plaid—horrible braking.
Has anyone done the 0-60-0 test?
Sponsored