Doug DeMuro tours the F150 Lightning

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I cannot with these affected voice mannerisms.

Finally! Someone understands why I cannot stand DeMuro. I absolutely wanted to murdurlize him in the Porsche Taycon Cross Turismo review he did. Hell my dog was barking at the screen when I played that review (I wish I was joking about that).
Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Finally! Someone understands why I cannot stand DeMuro. I absolutely wanted to murdurlize him in the Porsche Taycon Cross Turismo review he did. Hell my dog was barking at the screen when I played that review (I wish I was joking about that).
It's like Captain Kirk and Alvin the Chipmunk had a baby.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

My stance (and I think the general conscientious here is) that when Ford and everyone else says "They start at $40k", they don't really start at $40k, closer to $52-$54k for one that Joe Public can buy. So it comes off a bit as false advertising.
Interesting that you all are talking about this point because I put down the $100 and had no idea the $40k option wasn't even an actual option.
I probably just missed it but I would say their promotion with that price point to the general consumer is flat out false and will surprise quite a few potential buyers.

I would actually be interested in the base model because I'm not comparing it to the R1T, I'm getting an R1S, so I think there will be some on this forum that would be disappointed.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Ford has confirmed time and time again retail buyers can purchase the Lightning Pro (base, $40k) version. The extended range Pro, with 300 mi range, is limited to fleet orders.

Plenty of people will be perfectly happy with the Pro model. A 2022 Pro is a significant step up from my 2009 XLT, and many other truck buyers are coming from similarly aged trucks. 240 miles of range is fine, if it wasn’t, why would Tesla, GM, Volvo, and even Rivian all sell versions of their models with such a limited range?

I though the vinyl seats and flooring were a turnoff until I realized vinyl seats are just “vegan leather” and vinyl flooring is better than all-weather floor mats because there is no way for mud to get behind it. Given all the hiking, camping and trail running my family does, I know that all weather mats don’t always cut it, so vinyl flooring actually
seems like a benefit to me. I can get carpet mats for when I’m commuting.

Also, the Pro will have Apple Car Play, V2G charging, and aftermarket parts availability the very day it is delivered.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Ford has confirmed time and time again retail buyers can purchase the Lightning Pro (base, $40k) version. The extended range Pro, with 300 mi range, is limited to fleet orders.
Source? I thought it was backwards, you have to get extended range unless you are fleet.

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Truck looks good! I'm betting that Ford will have lightnings in lots before Rivian delivers my truck, at which point it might be tempting to get a lightning.

It's worse at 1.75 speed.
It's really grating that he is clearly tinkering with the playback speed throughout his videos because even at 1.00 speed you can see that he's running at like +5-10% speed at points. Gives a strong uncanny valley feeling.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Plenty of people will be perfectly happy with the Pro model. A 2022 Pro is a significant step up from my 2009 XLT, and many other truck buyers are coming from similarly aged trucks. 240 miles of range is fine, if it wasn’t, why would Tesla, GM, Volvo, and even Rivian all sell versions of their models with such a limited range?

I though the vinyl seats and flooring were a turnoff until I realized vinyl seats are just “vegan leather” and vinyl flooring is better than all-weather floor mats because there is no way for mud to get behind it. Given all the hiking, camping and trail running my family does, I know that all weather mats don’t always cut it, so vinyl flooring actually
seems like a benefit to me. I can get carpet mats for when I’m commuting.

Also, the Pro will have Apple Car Play, V2G charging, and aftermarket parts availability the very day it is delivered.
To be honest, if I go with a Lightning I'm tempted to get the cheapest version I can, and then splurge on a longer range SUV as our daily driver and road trip vehicle with my wife. Id' just use the Lightning for commuting, household electrical backup, and the random times I want/need a truck bed.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Wonder how many reservations will cancel when they realize they can't get the $40k version. It's only for commercial/fleet orders. Base price for regular consumers will be around $50k, which is still a good value for people needing a "work" truck.
Just wait until they realize that Ford is going to ship Lariat and Platinum models well before any of the base spec models regardless of when the reservation was made. Why on earth would Ford walk away from higher margin sales when the waiting list is years long? Other than a few token examples, it will be a loooong time before Ford sells a Lightning with a MSRP under $60k. The $40k pro model is vaporware.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The biggest negative about the Lightning that Daddy Doug failed to mention - you have to purchase it from a Ford dealership.
Sponsored