Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
If they were actually tied to a driver and passenger setting I’d agree with you. But they aren’t, and if I had to choose I’d rather have the ability to change the fan speeds independently. The more people you have in a car the more climate-control opinions you have to deal with. The current Rivian offering for climate won’t work for the R1S.
Sorry, I misunderstood your original point and thought we were discussing position, but you're discussing speed. Like @CommodoreAmiga mentioned I'm not aware of a way to control fan speed independently between driver and passenger in any car, other than maybe closing the vent partially?
Sponsored

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Sorry, I misunderstood your original point and thought we were discussing position, but you're discussing speed. Like @CommodoreAmiga mentioned I'm not aware of a way to control fan speed independently between driver and passenger in any car, other than maybe closing the vent partially?
I also wasn't aware of any car with with independent fan speed for passenger and driver. Until today:). Apparently Lucid Air has that feature, which I noticed during review.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

A 9/10 for practical ????????

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
He needs to wash out his dirty mouth now. Best my ass. ?
I would never buy one, but honestly they did a lot of things right.
-Adaptive hard buttons for climate/radio etc. is a fantastic idea. Wish Rivian did this.
-Roll down rear window
-The different driver information screen options
-Air down PSI alert
-Multi-pro tailgate

Last edited:

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
-Adaptive hard buttons for climate/radio etc. is a fantastic idea. Wish Rivian did this.
-Roll down rear window
-Air down PSI alert
Oh, you're spot on. I actually have an order in for the SUV variant. I really like it. But just a bit hesitant about it's cartoonish freakishness.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
-Roll down rear window
-Air down PSI alert
-Multi-pro tailgate
I'd say Rivian's air down is a better implementation, because you just set it to the PSI you want and it automatically stops. You can walk away or whatever, no need to wait for the horn. Same thing for airing back up. Also, for what it's worth, my 2013 Infiniti SUV has the same horn sound function, just not adjustable, it's fixed at the recommended PSI (but it doesn't require going into menus, it just does it).

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I'd say Rivian's air down is a better implementation, because you just set it to the PSI you want and it automatically stops. You can walk away or whatever, no need to wait for the horn. Same thing for airing back up. Also, for what it's worth, my 2013 Infiniti SUV has the same horn sound function, just not adjustable, it's fixed at the recommended PSI (but it doesn't require going into menus, it just does it).
I had no idea that feature existed in the Rivian for taking air out of the tires. I thought it only worked that way when inflating. Good to know!

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I had no idea that feature existed in the Rivian for taking air out of the tires. I thought it only worked that way when inflating. Good to know!
Well I guess I'm speculating a little that it works both ways, but there is a digital gauge and it stops on the way up so no reason it shouldn't stop on the way down.

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

Well I guess I'm speculating a little that it works both ways, but there is a digital gauge and it stops on the way up so no reason it shouldn't stop on the way down.
I bet it only does this for airing up, and really you can air down with a gauge much easier than having to get out the hose for that.

Sponsored

Obioban

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e46 M3, e39 M5, e46 M3 converted wagon, i3, e60 M5
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I’m thinking I’m probably going to get the Hummer instead of the Rivian, primarily because it has CarPlay and homelink. Rivian is really pissing me off with the deliberate gimping of their car to push their subscription service. Really killing me desire for the car.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I’m thinking I’m probably going to get the Hummer instead of the Rivian, primarily because it has CarPlay and homelink. Rivian is really pissing me off with the deliberate gimping of their car to push their subscription service. Really killing me desire for the car.
Yeah, definitely makes sense to switch away from the company pushing its subscription service in favor of the company that has pushed its subscription service (Onstar) far longer than the R1T has existed as a concept. ;) (It's just a joke, don't take it seriously at all)

Obioban

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e46 M3, e39 M5, e46 M3 converted wagon, i3, e60 M5
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yeah, definitely makes sense to switch away from the company pushing its subscription service in favor of the company that has pushed its subscription service (Onstar) far longer than the R1T has existed as a concept. ;) (It's just a joke, don't take it seriously at all)
It does have a subscription service, but having CarPlay and homelink means I don’t care. I can not pay and the car will still function as I desire (e.g. open the garage door).
Sponsored