Sponsored

Doug Demuro Review (eventual placeholder) - predictions (as of 9/2/21)

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Not a fan of Demuro. I ran across his review regarding the Audi Taycan Cross Turismo and by the 2nd time he said "cross turismo" I wanted to put a bullet in his head ?. I gave it a chance due to many people recommending him, but I couldn't make it past that point. Drove me bonkers. I don't like his review style and the plethora of segues he drops in (though I understand why he does it). I hope Munro gets a crack at this first or others prior Doug.
FYI…The Taycan is made by PORSCHE…maybe that’s why the review was so infuriating for you??? Agree that Munro needs to get his hands on a Rivian…very curious to see what he thinks of the ‘tech’ in regards to Telsa’s tech, which he regards as far superior to ALL other EV brands…
Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
FYI…The Taycan is made by PORSCHE…maybe that’s why the review was so infuriating for you??? Agree that Munro needs to get his hands on a Rivian…very curious to see what he thinks of the ‘tech’ in regards to Telsa’s tech, which he regards as far superior to ALL other EV brands…

Nah, that's not what made it so annoying. Despite VW's dieselgate scandal, I'm actually a fan of Audis and Porsche. That was a pure slip of my mind seeing how those companies are so closely related. What annoyed me was Demuro himself. I watched another of his reviews of a different car and walked in with a blank state of mind. 1 minute in, I stopped it and watched something else - it's definitely him. His style just rubs me the wrong way (and to be honest, he doesn't come off as a bad guy).

Regarding Munro. I cannot wait. I hope he critically 'tears' that Rivian apart. I want to hear the good, the bad, and the HOLY SHIT THAT'S UGLY part. Will give me a perspective from a different angle to further critically assess this is the definitive vehicle for me.

Last edited:

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Nah, that's not what made it so annoying. Despite VW's dieselgate scandal, I'm actually a fan of Audis and Porsche. That was a pure slip of my mind seeing how those companies are so closely related. What annoyed me was Demuro himself. I watched another of his reviews of a different car and walked in with a blank state of mind. 1 minute in, I stopped it and watched something else - it's definitely him. His style just rubs me the wrong way (and to be honest, he doesn't come off as a bad guy).

Regarding Munro. I cannot wait. I hope he critically 'tears' that Rivian apart. I want to hear the good, the bad, and the HOLY SHIT THAT'S UGLY part. Will give me a perspective from a different angle to further critically asses this is the definitive vehicle for me.
Critically asses and critically assesses have significantly different meanings…??

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Critically asses and critically assesses have significantly different meanings…??

Yes to both (hate auto correct, never functions 100% accurately when you deal with multi-lingual settings. I'm turning that crap off). ;)

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
He made some pretty misinformed comparisons to the R1T in his Hummer droolfest. Probably wouldn't be my first choice for an R1T review vehicle if I didn't have a lot to spare. Also said the Hummer was the most likely to get to market first which was like, dude, you're sitting in the prototype. It's all they have so far. Rivian had just wrapped their pilot line and were already building preproduction trucks at the time.
The irony is, despite Rivian being a company that's been around for over a decade, very little is known about them. It's only now they're getting some time under the spotlight and still there are a lot of misconceptions (there are some that think this is a Lordstown company, that it's a sub-division of Ford, or that all those pre-production vehicles being tested recently are all still prototypes, and that Rivian will not be the first EV truck to hit the market).

Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
You got me (kinda-sorta)! lol

I had totally forgotten this was a thing. But this never made it to mass consumer market no? I do recall it was lease only and mostly fleet companies partook of it.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Yes to both (hate auto correct, never functions 100% accurately when you deal with multi-lingual settings. I'm turning that crap off). ;)
It's funny, but listening to politicians making speeches through masks, every time I think they're talking about "the masses", it sounds like they're referring to us as "them asses".

Maybe it's not the masks after all. ?

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
It's funny, but listening to politicians making speeches through masks, every time I think they're talking about "the masses", it sounds like they're referring to us as "them asses".

Maybe it's not the masks after all. ?
I've been called much worse!

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

You got me (kinda-sorta)! lol

I had totally forgotten this was a thing. But this never made it to mass consumer market no? I do recall it was lease only and mostly fleet companies partook of it.
*Mostly* fleet lease - but some were sold outright. Same with the Chevy S10 EV and Toyota RAV4 EV. While the EV1 was the most famous of turn-of-the-century EVs, it certainly wasn't the only one.

I almost bought a used Ranger EV a couple years ago locally. It had even been converted to use a standard J-1772 port, and had its battery upgraded in the mid '10s so that it still got ~80-100 miles of range per charge.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Looks like I was off!

1637949858066.png
I wonder if the software updates would be enough to increase Features by 1 to bump its total up to 74 - tying the pair of McLarens?

Also interesting - it ties with the Model S Plaid in both Weekend and Daily exactly, being one of the very few "70 pointer" vehicles to have a Daily score above 30. Most of the "70 points or higher" are extreme sports cars with really high Weekend scores, and mediocre Daily.

Last edited:

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I wonder if the software updates would be enough to increase Features by 1 to bump its total up to 74 - tying the pair of McLarens?

Also interesting - it ties with the Model S Plaid in both Weekend and Daily exactly, being one of the very few "70 pointer" vehicles to have a Daily score above 30. Most of the "70 points or higher" are extreme sports cars with really high Weekend scores, and mediocre Daily.
I don't think he goes back and re-rates vehicles. He rates what it is at the time of review, which is the fairest thing. So maybe the R1S will score higher when/if there are software updates, if he reviews that, but the R1S doesn't look like it will have as many "quirks and features" (tonneau cover, gear tunnel, etc) that he seems to like. If the software is improved when/if he does his R1S review, I wouldn't be surprised if he mentioned the R1T was probably improved as well, and recommend R1T or R1S based on your needs.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I don't think he goes back and re-rates vehicles. He rates what it is at the time of review, which is the fairest thing. So maybe the R1S will score higher when/if there are software updates, if he reviews that, but the R1S doesn't look like it will have as many "quirks and features" (tonneau cover, gear tunnel, etc) that he seems to like. If the software is improved when/if he does his R1S review, I wouldn't be surprised if he mentioned the R1T was probably improved as well, and recommend R1T or R1S based on your needs.
He will occasionally revise reviews, especially if there’s a standout car release that makes the other scores seem out of whack.
Sponsored