Sponsored

Doug Demuro Review (eventual placeholder) - predictions (as of 9/2/21)

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Since MT got their hands on a Prepro R1T and loved it, its a matter of time before Doug gets one. I hope its a nicely screwed together one. I LOVE predicting his scores and usually can within a point (and get the overall categories almost perfectly). lets see if my rivian fandom will cloud judgement. Here's my prediction including his comments.

For the doug score, I'll guess

Weekend

Styling: good not great, neat but not for everyone - 5
Accel: 0-60 is 3.0 fantastic for class and get a - 9
Handling: excellent for its class and gets a 5
Fun factor is excellent given offroad and accel and gets a 8
Cool Factor- for those who know what it is they'll love it but the average person doesnt but its an important and it gets a 6

Weekend score: 33

Daily

Features: missing massage and electrochromatic but otherwise well equipped and gets a 7
Comfort: excellent seats and air suspension and gets a 7
Quality: too soon to tell but seems well put together 6
Pracitcality: 5 seats only but gear tunnel and frunk and truck, but range limited 8
Value: first electric truck, great performance and engineering but hard to assess, still 70-80k 7

Daily: 35

Total 68/100

Would be the highest scoring truck ever.

R1S would get maybe an extra point for practicality. Hard to predict the daily stuff.
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Based on feedback from the recent event in Normal, I’m thinking handling will get better than a 5.

DocAdvocate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Rivian
My guess is that it’s going to be a while until we see one of his patented reviews. Rivian seems really focused on getting cars into consumer hands and since they’re still scaling up, I think it’s going to take awhile for them to build enough cars to where they’ll have extra ones to give to media.

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
My guess is that it’s going to be a while until we see one of his patented reviews. Rivian seems really focused on getting cars into consumer hands and since they’re still scaling up, I think it’s going to take awhile for them to build enough cars to where they’ll have extra ones to give to media.

There is a good chance one of his viewers will offer theirs up for review... May not have to wait for a media vehicle.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Based on feedback from the recent event in Normal, I’m thinking handling will get better than a 5.
Agreed. Much higher than a "5". For a Truck, the handling is outstanding.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Before I get started, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT CARS AND BIDS!!!!!

OP
OP
protamine

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Agreed. Much higher than a "5". For a Truck, the handling is outstanding.

See, but doug doesn't do 'for a...' which is why he can be infuriating.

For reference, ( Most up-to-date DougScore Chart ) the only SUVs with a 6 are Stelvio 4 cheese, Cayenne Turbo, Levante. No truck has even gotten a 5.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
There is a good chance one of his viewers will offer theirs up for review... May not have to wait for a media vehicle.
AFAIK he's never gotten a review vehicle from a manufacturer, and instead always gets them from owners or dealers.

(And since in Rivian's case there are no dealers... My bet is a LE R1T owner lends theirs within a month of the first delivery, assuming they don't sign any contracts preventing them from doing so)

Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
See, but doug doesn't do 'for a...' which is why he can be infuriating.

For reference, ( Most up-to-date DougScore Chart ) the only SUVs with a 6 are Stelvio 4 cheese, Cayenne Turbo, Levante. No truck has even gotten a 5.
Maybe it's infuriating for someone wanting to easily compare just SUVs or just trucks, but the fact that he lumps literally everything on the exact same scale - From a McLaren F1 to a Model X to a Ford F-250 to a Toyota Corolla to a BMW Isetta - is actually part of its charm to me.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
AFAIK he's never gotten a review vehicle from a manufacturer, and instead always gets them from owners or dealers.
Generally true. He's done a couple pre-production reviews with manufacturer assistance, however. The Ford Bronco and GMC Hummer EV Truck are two examples.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Not a fan of Demuro. I ran across his review regarding the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo and by the 2nd time he said "cross turismo" I wanted to put a bullet in his head ?. I gave it a chance due to many people recommending him, but I couldn't make it past that point. Drove me bonkers. I don't like his review style and the plethora of segues he drops in (though I understand why he does it). I hope Munro gets a crack at this first or others prior Doug.

Last edited:

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Not a fan of Demuro. I ran across his review regarding the Audi Taycan Cross Turismo and by the 2nd time he said "cross turismo" I wanted to put a bullet in his head ?. I gave it a chance due to many people recommending him, but I couldn't make it past that point. Drove me bonkers. I don't like his review style and the plethora of segues he drops in (though I understand why he does it). I hope Munro gets a crack at this first or others prior Doug.
I think Munro preordered one. Not sure when though

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
He made some pretty misinformed comparisons to the R1T in his Hummer droolfest. Probably wouldn't be my first choice for an R1T review vehicle if I didn't have a lot to spare. Also said the Hummer was the most likely to get to market first which was like, dude, you're sitting in the prototype. It's all they have so far. Rivian had just wrapped their pilot line and were already building preproduction trucks at the time.
Sponsored