Sponsored

Doug DeMuro has a Rivian

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I’ll be the wet blanket here… I feel like every little Easter egg, quirk and feature has already been uncovered. I wish I had a nickel for every time I hear about the door-docking flashlight (yay…. 7,777 battery) and Bluetooth speaker.

I’m a Doug D fan, but I have my doubts that I’ll learn anything new about the R1T. I hope that I’m wrong.
Agree'd. I'm not looking forward to his review in hopes he'll uncover something new...but I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say about it in general. He has reviewed a lot of different cars - super cars, ultra luxury, trucks, minivans, etc. It will speak volumes of the quality of the vehicle if he raves about the interior, drive, handling, etc. Given what other vehicles he has reviewed. *that* is what I am looking forward to seeing/hearing.
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Agree'd. I'm not looking forward to his review in hopes he'll uncover something new...but I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say about it in general. He has reviewed a lot of different cars - super cars, ultra luxury, trucks, minivans, etc. It will speak volumes of the quality of the vehicle if he raves about the interior, drive, handling, etc. Given what other vehicles he has reviewed. *that* is what I am looking forward to seeing/hearing.
He definetily likes supercars more than utility vehicles.
Any guesses on the score?

http://www.dougscore.info/highest-dougscore-list

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Thissssss thread does not have a Link to a video......;)

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Looking and comparing to the Raptor score, I could see the R1T breaking into the 70's...
Styling 6
Acceleration 9
Handling 5
Fun Factor 8
Cool Factor 6
Total weekend: 34
Features 7
Comfort 8
Quality 7
Practicality 8
Value 7
Total daily: 37
Total: 71

These aren't my scores, just my estimate of what Doug would give it...

Sponsored

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Doug posted another video today and I can say with absolute certainty it is the one that many people have been clamoring for: Citroen C6.
I've owned a 2009 Citroen C5. Not less quirky than this one. Same suspension and weird rear window. It also had very specific steering wheel with only ring of the steering wheel turning and center of the wheel being static.

Like here:

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

Waiting for Doug's view and score for R1T... More than me my 6 year old kid is super excited to hear it from Doug !

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Looking and comparing to the Raptor score, I could see the R1T breaking into the 70's...
Styling 6
Acceleration 9
Handling 5
Fun Factor 8
Cool Factor 6
Features 7
Comfort 8
Quality 7
Practicality 8
Value 7

Still, will be hard to beat the Raptor. Hopefully it will. Waiting on the Doug score for now.

Sponsored

McRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, MXLR+, 2xVolts, MC's
Occupation
Tinkerer
Instrumented tests, and in-depth evaluation of critical features are what I look for.
"I don't like the plastic they use" or "My BMW is nicer" is useless: All modern cars under $250k are plastic, and my last drive in a 2020 BMW 535 didn't impress me when compared to virtually all other brands.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Instrumented tests, and in-depth evaluation of critical features are what I look for.
"I don't like the plastic they use" or "My BMW is nicer" is useless: All modern cars under $250k are plastic, and my last drive in a 2020 BMW 535 didn't impress me when compared to virtually all other brands.
I don't mind Doug but I can't see him bringing a whole lot new to Rivian commentary, unless the truck they gave him had some glaring issues. To your point I think this is what he'll discuss, the comparisons to the other luxury and off roar oriented vehicles out there. Which is fine and all for those who are interested in that stuff. I'm more interested in the reviews that will deep dive into range and charge curve details because that's been lacking up until this point.

Last edited:

CharlieSA

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Rogue, 2018 Acadia
Occupation
Number geek
Styling 6
Acceleration 9
Handling 5
Fun Factor 8
Cool Factor 6
Features 7
Comfort 8
Quality 7
Practicality 8
Value 7

Dude those scores are way too generous. No way it hits that high

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited: