Sponsored

Door Pocket Mesh - Problem Solved?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Hopefully this doesn't duplicate something already being discussed elsewhere.

I know there's been much consternation over Rivian switching to a mesh door pocket in some of the test mules we've seen pictures of. I, too, would be upset if that details makes it into production.

I noticed today when looking at some of the accessories that the Field Bag clearly shows that the door pocket is NOT made of mesh, but instead looks like a much higher quality material. Picture is below.

I know that the configurator/website are not necessarily the final production spec, but I'm hopeful this confirms that the door pocket should not be among our concerns.

Rivian R1T R1S Door Pocket Mesh - Problem Solved? Pocket.PNG
Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Yeah. It definitely seems that they have upgraded from the "bathing suit liner" style mesh pocket back to something more substantial like you see in the picture above. It is nice to see we are paying $75,000+ for a truck that DOESN'T have mesh door pockets from an '88 Oldsmobile...

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Yeah. It definitely seems that they have upgraded from the "bathing suit liner" style mesh pocket back to something more substantial like you see in the picture above. It is nice to see we are paying $75,000+ for a truck that DOESN'T have mesh door pockets from an '88 Oldsmobile...
Or no door pockets at all like the Model S!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm a little sad to see the buckles change to black, however. They were yellow in pre-production photos.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

It would be nice if they made one of these for the drivers side door that was a trash can. Watertight removable washable.
Sponsored