Door Pocket Mesh - Problem Solved?

cohall

Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Ducati SC1000
Hopefully this doesn't duplicate something already being discussed elsewhere.

I know there's been much consternation over Rivian switching to a mesh door pocket in some of the test mules we've seen pictures of. I, too, would be upset if that details makes it into production.

I noticed today when looking at some of the accessories that the Field Bag clearly shows that the door pocket is NOT made of mesh, but instead looks like a much higher quality material. Picture is below.

I know that the configurator/website are not necessarily the final production spec, but I'm hopeful this confirms that the door pocket should not be among our concerns.

Pocket.PNG

Advertisement

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Reservation Holder
Yeah. It definitely seems that they have upgraded from the "bathing suit liner" style mesh pocket back to something more substantial like you see in the picture above. It is nice to see we are paying $75,000+ for a truck that DOESN'T have mesh door pockets from an '88 Oldsmobile...

ATL_Canes

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 90D
Yeah. It definitely seems that they have upgraded from the "bathing suit liner" style mesh pocket back to something more substantial like you see in the picture above. It is nice to see we are paying $75,000+ for a truck that DOESN'T have mesh door pockets from an '88 Oldsmobile...
Or no door pockets at all like the Model S!

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I'm a little sad to see the buckles change to black, however. They were yellow in pre-production photos.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicles
Hummer H1, Lotus Elise, Fusion Energi platinum
Occupation
Equipment Manager
It would be nice if they made one of these for the drivers side door that was a trash can. Watertight removable washable.

Advertisement

Advertisement