Sponsored

Donut Media: Rivian Up To Speed (Humorous Review)

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Ahhh, I see they did another one of those "$40,000 Lightning" comparisons. Guess that's trendy now or something.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ahhh, I see they did another one of those "$40,000 Lightning" comparisons. Guess that's trendy now or something.
Yeah, never see one that low for sure.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I want these guys to drive one now. Because that was the best non-driver review of Rivian I've seen.

Wish people would stop mentioning the $40K Lightning. As someone who just got their fleet order guide this morning, all I can say is that $39,995 Lightning Pro XL is one bare bones bitch of a truck. And ours will be more than just 'cross town parts runners so have to buy the Extended Range battery upgrade. We're ordering two Pro XLTs with ER battery pack and tech package. When retail banks open in January I'm probably ordering another XLT. It was going to be my personal truck, I even considered going platinum on it. But I think I'm going to spec it lower as another company vehicle as I've since decided on max pack R1T as my personal driver.

...Atari ass pickup. LOL. It's fitting. Until you see it in person and realize that pics/videos don't do it justice or convey how Cybertruck looks more like an experimental armored vehicle from some eastern block motor pool than anything else.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I want these guys to drive one now. Because that was the best non-driver review of Rivian I've seen.

Wish people would stop mentioning the $40K Lightning. As someone who just got their fleet order guide this morning, all I can say is that $39,995 Lightning Pro XL is one bare bones bitch of a truck. And ours will be more than just 'cross town parts runners so have to buy the Extended Range battery upgrade. We're ordering two Pro XLTs with ER battery pack and tech package. When retail banks open in January I'm probably ordering another XLT. It was going to be my personal truck, I even considered going platinum on it. But I think I'm going to spec it lower as another company vehicle as I've since decided on max pack R1T as my personal driver.

...Atari ass pickup. LOL. It's fitting. Until you see it in person and realize that pics/videos don't do it justice or convey how Cybertruck looks more like an experimental armored vehicle from some eastern block motor pool than anything else.
What are those XLTs with ER battery running? I wish Ford would have added a configurator. That way we could see how two equally equipped vehicles would cost. I'm guessing you need to get the Lariat with Premium package and ER battery to be equal to the base R1T Explore with Large battery. At that point I suspect the prices are very close, maybe the Rivian is even lower.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Super annoying video ... sorry, couldn't watch the entire thing with so much nonsensical content plus the 2 min hair care pre-roll commercial (at least you can FF through that).

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I'd like to see his calculus on the statement of it saving $100/mi in operating cost vs. a STI. Now that's some serious the more you drive the more you save.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
What are those XLTs with ER battery running? I wish Ford would have added a configurator. That way we could see how two equally equipped vehicles would cost. I'm guessing you need to get the Lariat with Premium package and ER battery to be equal to the base R1T Explore with Large battery. At that point I suspect the prices are very close, maybe the Rivian is even lower.
Lariat Premium starts at $80k according to this leak. XLT with ER probably north $60k once you add the larger battery.

The elephant in the room is that, despite Ford not formally saying what battery sizes they are, it's been estimated through AC charging claims that the 300mi ER is a 180kwh battery. So, it needs 45kwh more battery at a cost of $6k to Ford, to match the range of the R1T.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/18...VwBg7U0E6Zpl5kOGooqoFPn3_M_9hWZ_Pw4Q0sp3MMpWE