OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I have an ongoing USAA experience that is not with a Rivian (still waiting for an R1S) but with our Audi e-tron. It seems like USAA does everything electronically now and does not send an adjuster to physically see the car. For us, this has resulted in back and forth between USAA and the body shop since late August that was only just finally resolved about a week ago, well into October. Basically this resulted in a 5 to 6 week delay in getting our car fixed. This is all in a city of millions where I imagine USAA has several adjusters any of which could have physically visited the body shop to see the car and come to an agreement but what happened instead was a never ending cycle of the adjuster asking for more pictures or different angles etc and so on. The body shop mentioned to us they had another USAA customer experiencing the same issue since sometime in August so it seems USAA - which we have had for ~25 years without a problem - has changed some stuff in their way of working or something and it's hopefully just a period of adjustment but I feel for the OP and anyone else going through this as we have been down a car with no rental or loaner for several weeks and while it's a first world problem it still puts some strain on family operations so to speak.
Very similar to my situation. After a month of screwing around with the supplement, USAA finally sent out a independent appraiser through SCA (the first one they sent was in Charleston where I live instead of in Atlanta, where the truck is) and one month to the day after the supplement was completed by the body shop they approved it after the appraiser sat down with the body shop supplement writer and went line by line through everything. The body shop might be able to put in the order for the parts tomorrow, which means if everything else goes smoothly from here the truck will be ready in about a month.

I dropped my truck off on the 15th of September, and if I have it back before Thanksgiving it'll be a small miracle.
Sponsored