Sponsored

Don't Buy A Tesla Powerwall, Buy A Truck! (VIDEO)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I have two "main" panels. 100 and 200 amps. Not a subpanel. This is an old house we an recent extension including the garage, thus it was easier to ad the other panel for that section for the 2 ev chargers.

Overkill? Most likely. In my situation it was the same cost as I would have as the breaker box was already full abd needed to get a larger one.
Only asked because the rating on the meter is typically "continuous load". Which in the US could feed a 400A panel. I'm not familiar with the Canadian version of the NEC but typically a 400A panel actually means no more than 320A continuous load.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
Only asked because the rating on the meter is typically "continuous load". Which in the US could feed a 400A panel. I'm not familiar with the Canadian version of the MEC but typically a 400A panel actually means no more than 320A continuous load.
My guess is that since the availability for the 320 A service was a relatively new, they may have put this meter in... ?‍♂

Here are the panels if you want to analyse my load ?.

Rivian R1T R1S Don't Buy A Tesla Powerwall, Buy A Truck! (VIDEO) 20220327_075539

Rivian R1T R1S Don't Buy A Tesla Powerwall, Buy A Truck! (VIDEO) 20220327_075457