Sponsored

Dog sling for back seat of R1S - recommendations?

B-Rivian

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Jaguar I Pace
WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Picking up my R1S Forest Green on 1st of June after 4 long years.

Need advice on a good dog sling with sides for the back seat.
Sponsored

Vegoelectric

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Volkswagen ID4
WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Picking up my R1S Forest Green on 1st of June after 4 long years.

Need advice on a good dog sling with sides for the back seat.
https://owleys.com/dog-car-seat-cover-travel-buddy/
I used this for several trips with 2 dogs in my R1T. Northern California to NE Wisconsin in winter. It holds/beads water from drool/snow/water instead of letting it through. Dogs are 70# and 65# and they did well with it. I have used it with a car seat in the middle seat and a dog on each side for several 3-4 hr trips. Has held up well. If you are getting the dogs in and out frequently the zip on/off end panels may become tiresome. Since it was so wet I tucked a bath towel under the edge of the Taco when the end panels was off to protect the interior as they jumped in and out. I was a fan of the function, style, and durability. Hope this helps.

Chris
R1T delivered June 2022, 17k miles since

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Engineer
Clubs

I ended up buying this and fits perfect in my R1T. No issues and has been easy to get into the backseat to set my puppy in. It has mesh on the front to allow air flow, and also unzips if you need to get something. The sides are held via velcro so very easy to undo to take the puppy in and out. When done I just roll it up and store it under the back seat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BK157QCP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Ken~

RosenbergDE

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Application Programmer Analyst
https://owleys.com/dog-car-seat-cover-travel-buddy/
I used this for several trips with 2 dogs in my R1T. Northern California to NE Wisconsin in winter. It holds/beads water from drool/snow/water instead of letting it through. Dogs are 70# and 65# and they did well with it. I have used it with a car seat in the middle seat and a dog on each side for several 3-4 hr trips. Has held up well. If you are getting the dogs in and out frequently the zip on/off end panels may become tiresome. Since it was so wet I tucked a bath towel under the edge of the Taco when the end panels was off to protect the interior as they jumped in and out. I was a fan of the function, style, and durability. Hope this helps.

Chris
R1T delivered June 2022, 17k miles since
Owleys now offers the Travel Buddy Mk. II as well. The differences weren't obvious to me from the product pages, so I emailed support to ask, and this was their reply:
Firstly, we made a new portable design with handles for easy carrying. Secondly, we made three headrest straps in the back instead of two for a better fit. Then we have chosen better-quality, more durable materials than the original Travel Buddy has. We also changed the middle zipper design - now it goes from the front to the back, allowing you to unfasten and lower one half of the hammock. And yes, we slightly changed the pattern. According to our tests, such stitching should last longer.
They also state the original Travel Buddy will be back in stock in a month or so, which will be mid-July 2023, for anyone who doesn't want to drop the extra $50 for the Mk. II.
Sponsored