Sponsored

Does the Forest Edge interior match ANY exterior paint color besides Launch Green?

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

If we figure all photos online are darker than real life is forest green interior a lighter color
Here’s a swatch I saved

Rivian Interior Swatches Colors and Materials.jpg
I know the name has chanced from Lunar Rock to Ocean Coast. I wonder if any of the colors of the palate have changed too? I must be in the minority, because that's the interior I chose. I think it will go well with Rivian Blue.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I know the name has chanced from Lunar Rock to Ocean Coast. I wonder if any of the colors of the palate have changed too? I must be in the minority, because that's the interior I chose. I think it will go well with Rivian Blue.
Yes! Name change was the result of color change. LR was light grey and dark grey. OC is pretty close to white and black. Same wood trim for both. I suspect they achieved some cost savings by sharing the black trim pieces across all 3 color schemes. In changing the dark grey to black, it probably made sense to also change the light grey to "white".

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Yes! Name change was the result of color change. LR was light grey and dark grey. OC is pretty close to white and black. Same wood trim for both. I suspect they achieved some cost savings by sharing the black trim pieces across all 3 color schemes. In changing the dark grey to black, it probably made sense to also change the light grey to "white".
I liked the Lunar Rock more.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I don't know how you get "white" from Ocean Coast. It's still the same grey that it's always been. Compare it to a Tesla if you really want to see what white looks like.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Me too. I’m worried about dirt but it just looks so sharp

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I don't know how you get "white" from Ocean Coast. It's still the same grey that it's always been. Compare it to a Tesla if you really want to see what white looks like.
I haven't seen OC in person, I don't think any of us have. But I have seen LR in person and the pictures of LR accurately reflect a very light grey. The pictures of OC look a lot more like Tesla white than the LR grey but it could very well be the same. Could just be the white balance is off in the pics of OC. On a color calibrated monitor though I will tell you the colors in the pictures are not a perfect match.

I'm ok being wrong about the lighter color, just don't try to tell me the OC black is the same as the LR dark grey. ?

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
In online renditions of Forest Edge, there are actually two greens shown, a neutral tone, mid-green on door panels and a light, pistachio-like green for the seats. The greens are not the same tone and shade, at least in online renderings.

This creates exterior color matching problems because while white will go with both greens, other exterior colors, like black and El Cap, may not. The different tones & shades of FE are problematic.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

That is a strike against tesla for me. I don't want either all black or mostly stark white and black.

I'm happy with light gray. My Civic has medium grey leather interior. I'd be OK with tan or brown. I do not want black.

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have the opposite opinion - I'd love to get the forest green, but won't pair it with launch green. I think it would look great with el cap though.
same here. I think with the launch Green, it would be too much green. El Cap would be the way to go.

Sponsored

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just curious as I am aesthetically challenged, for those that ahve reserved the launch green, what interior color did you pick? I went with Black Mountain, but am thinking that will be too dark and hot in the summer.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Configured for LG paint and FG interior.... but only until Launch Green is finally revealed with no uncertainty and a true appreciation for mixed greens can be made. My backup is Ocean Coast because its not as "white" as the rendering. Its a pleasant light gray. Staying away from black Mountain for same reason.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Just curious as I am aesthetically challenged, for those that have reserved the launch green, what interior color did you pick? I went with Black Mountain, but am thinking that will be too dark and hot in the summer.
I've had cars with black interiors in both NJ and in FL. NJ was fine, but FL got a bit toasty. Keep in mind you'll be able to pre-condition the car from your phone (or at least you better be able to). I would even imagine with Alexa integrated you'll be able to say, "Alexa, cool down my Rivian."

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Just curious as I am aesthetically challenged, for those that ahve reserved the launch green, what interior color did you pick? I went with Black Mountain, but am thinking that will be too dark and hot in the summer.
Same, Black Mountain.
Sponsored