Sponsored

Does the Forest Edge interior match ANY exterior paint color besides Launch Green?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Just curious as I am aesthetically challenged, for those that ahve reserved the launch green, what interior color did you pick? I went with Black Mountain, but am thinking that will be too dark and hot in the summer.
Currently on Launch Green exterior and Ocean Coast interior. I am strangely finding myself prioritizing the interior color over the exterior at the moment, so if I change anything out it will most likely be the latter.
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

In addition to FG paint, and maybe the LG green, I think the Forest green interior would go well with Limestone and El Cap Granite (both grays) and LA Silver. Probably look just fine with black or white paint. So it actually is not such an oddball interior color option in my mind.

Clashes with everything else unless you're a big-time Green Bay Packers fan! ?

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just curious as I am aesthetically challenged, for those that ahve reserved the launch green, what interior color did you pick? I went with Black Mountain, but am thinking that will be too dark and hot in the summer.
This may be a hot take, but I see the Ocean Coast interior as superior to Black Mountain regardless of the exterior color. I normally buy black interiors, but currently have Ocean Coast configured with Launch Green.

I don't believe they have shown the Black Mountain interior in any of the recent videos. It has all been Ocean Coast and Forest Edge. When they showed Black Mountain at Mill Valley in 2020, it was way more sharkskin grey than my liking. The dark stained wood panels also hid the wood look too much. The Black Mountain interior also has green floor mats and green accents for no real reason. I believe the interiors have been significantly upgraded in quality from what was shown at Mill Valley, so maybe Black Mountain has been upgraded and is more coherent.

The Ocean Coast interior gets the same dark grey interior lower panels as Black Mountain, but gets the contrasting light color seats and upper panels. The white ash wood panel also pops on the Ocean Coast. Ocean Coast also gets neutral color floor mats and accents in the seats. Every time I see the Ocean Coast in any of the recent videos, I swoon. It is just way more coherent of an interior than Black Mountain.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
This may be a hot take, but I see the Ocean Coast interior as superior to Black Mountain regardless of the exterior color. I normally buy black interiors, but currently have Ocean Coast configured with Launch Green.

The Ocean Coast interior gets the same dark grey interior lower panels as Black Mountain, but gets the contrasting light color seats and upper panels. The white ash wood panel also pops on the Ocean Coast. Ocean Coast also gets neutral color floor mats and accents in the seats. Every time I see the Ocean Coast in any of the recent videos, I swoon. It is just way more coherent of an interior than Black Mountain.
I strongly disagree. Ocean Coast is easily the worst interior for real-world use, imo. To start with, the light headliner is a disappointment. Visually, it looks weird, since the speaker grills in the A-Pillars remain black. And light headliners get dirty and nasty. Also, if you wear jeans (many people do) then you have to be a masochist to choose light seats. I've made that unfortunate decision, before, when the dealer doesn't have a dark color available with the options I want. I'm done making that mistake. If the dealer doesn't have it, they can either find a way to get it, or they're losing my sale.

I do like the wood from the Ocean Coast trim. But the rest of it can stay in the photographs -- I don't want any of it in my driveway.

If Rivian would just let us choose our "wood" independent of our interior color, then that would be perfect, imo.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I strongly disagree. Ocean Coast is easily the worst interior for real-world use, imo. To start with, the light headliner is a disappointment. Visually, it looks weird, since the speaker grills in the A-Pillars remain black. And light headliners get dirty and nasty. Also, if you wear jeans (many people do) then you have to be a masochist to choose light seats. I've made that unfortunate decision, before, when the dealer doesn't have a dark color available with the options I want. I'm done making that mistake. If the dealer doesn't have it, they can either find a way to get it, or they're losing my sale.

I do like the wood from the Ocean Coast trim. But the rest of it can stay in the photographs -- I don't want any of it in my driveway.

If Rivian would just let us choose our "wood" independent of our interior color, then that would be perfect, imo.
I hear you. I have owned trucks with light and dark interiors. I expect the "vegan leather" seats to be easier to clean than some materials in older vehicles. I am mostly concerned about crud getting stuck in the holes/seams for the ventilated seats. I have that issue on my current car with a black leather interior. Black Mountain, as it appeared at Mill Valley, was not a terribly "black" or "dark" interior, and the seats/interior had light green stitching. I wouldn't expect a significant difference in the "light" and "dark" seats. I would like to see what the Black Mountain interior looks like today.

Rivian R1T R1S Does the Forest Edge interior match ANY exterior paint color besides Launch Green? 1615483108366

Sponsored

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
We honestly didn't love any of the interior options, at least not as they're represented in the configurator renderings. Hopefully they look better in person...

Forest Green comes across as a bit dingy with the pea green throughout, though it was our favorite colored wood accent. Ocean Coast we could almost get behind, but it's just a little too bright and the huge white middle to the steering wheel looked out of place and was visually distracting to us. Black Mountain is what we selected, but it's just too dark -- if they had used one of the lighter woods to break up all the dark colors, it could have looked stunning. I actually think the two-tone Explore Package color schemes look better.

I get that design is very subjective, and we can definitely live with the choices that are available.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Black Mountain is what we selected, but it's just too dark -- if they had used one of the lighter woods to break up all the dark colors, it could have looked stunning.
Agree 100%. I vastly prefer darker interiors but a little contrast would help Black Mountain a lot. It's my choice regardless though.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
We honestly didn't love any of the interior options, at least not as they're represented in the configurator renderings. Hopefully they look better in person...

Forest Green comes across as a bit dingy with the pea green throughout, though it was our favorite colored wood accent. Ocean Coast we could almost get behind, but it's just a little too bright and the huge white middle to the steering wheel looked out of place and was visually distracting to us. Black Mountain is what we selected, but it's just too dark -- if they had used one of the lighter woods to break up all the dark colors, it could have looked stunning. I actually think the two-tone Explore Package color schemes look better.

I get that design is very subjective, and we can definitely live with the choices that are available.
After leaving El Cap and the Black Mountain and its fantastic Limestone hues on a recent road trip, I was awaiting my turn to drive through the Chandelier tree near the Ocean Coast in the Redwood Canyon Forest after using my Yellow Compass for directions and came across this R1S testing clearance in the Forest Green tree which was Launching at a Green level closer to Midnight around the edges as it barely fit. It left my skin Glacier White. It was a great weekend as we headed back to LA and the silver lights...

(In all seriousness, can't wait to see someone drive their Rivain through the Chandelier Tree...my poor photoshopping abilities masked this actual photo I took of a Yukon).
Rivian R1T R1S Does the Forest Edge interior match ANY exterior paint color besides Launch Green? IMG_3555.JPG

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
After leaving El Cap and the Black Mountain and its fantastic Limestone hues on a recent road trip, I was awaiting my turn to drive through the Chandelier tree near the Ocean Coast in the Redwood Canyon Forest after using my Yellow Compass for directions and came across this R1S testing clearance in the Forest Green tree which was Launching at a Green level closer to Midnight around the edges as it barely fit. It left my skin Glacier White. It was a great weekend as we headed back to LA and the silver lights...

(In all seriousness, can't wait to see someone drive their Rivain through the Chandelier Tree...my poor photoshopping abilities masked this actual photo I took of a Yukon).
IMG_3555.JPG
That was quite a colorful post!

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
That's my exact config, and I have that worry. But I can't do two greenish shades together, and my kids will wreck a light interior, so Black Mountain it is.

Why oh why can't they give us a caramel/baseball mitt interior?
Sponsored