Sponsored

Does the Forest Edge interior match ANY exterior paint color besides Launch Green?

joelg

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Is it just me or is there not one exterior paint color that doesn’t clash with the Forest Edge green interior? I love the green interior with the darker wood and I currently have Launch Green with Forest Edge preordered, but if I decide to delay in order wait for the 400+ mile battery every other paint color is a really weird fit. Am I crazy? Is anyone else getting the green interior with something else for exterior paint?
Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Is it just me or is there not one exterior paint color that doesn’t clash with the Forest Edge green interior? I love the green interior with the darker wood and I currently have Launch Green with Forest Edge preordered, but if I decide to delay in order wait for the 400+ mile battery every other paint color is a really weird fit. Am I crazy? Is anyone else getting the green interior with something else for exterior paint?
I’ve struggled with the same. I think the Forest Edge Interior looks acceptable with White, Launch Green and Limestone exterior colors (3 colors I’ve configured numerous times).

But again, the Forest Edge interior has also changed shades as we’ve gotten closer to production. In the earlier auto show pictures, the Forest Edge appeared almost green/grey. Now, in their CGI photos, it appears more of a pea soup green.

*heavy sigh* I digress...

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

But again, the Forest Edge interior has also changed shades as we’ve gotten closer to production. In the earlier auto show pictures, the Forest Edge appeared almost green/grey. Now, in their CGI photos, it appears more of a pea soup green.
I don't think the color has really changed, they just didn't do a very good job rendering it.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I don't think the color has really changed, they just didn't do a very good job rendering it.
May also be due to my color blindness...haha...

On second thought, maybe we don’t trust my color opinions ;)

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
All the monotone colors (white, LA silver, limestone, el cap granite, black) will look just fine with forest edge because they are all complimentary to something with more saturation. Even yellow seems like it could work (think Packers).

Check this color palette generator out - keep hitting spacebar to see what colors keep matching with the olive green on the left: https://coolors.co/606c38-131515

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Rivian R1T R1S Does the Forest Edge interior match ANY exterior paint color besides Launch Green? 1611191632034

Khaki wrap, anyone?

Rivian R1T R1S Does the Forest Edge interior match ANY exterior paint color besides Launch Green? 1611191703223

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Until we get somewhat accurate renderings or are able to see things in person or “in the wild” photos, it’s impossible to know. The colors shown in the Configurator have absolutely no correlation to the colors we are seeing in real world photos. I’ve just given up on trying to select a color based on the available info. It’s a bit pathetic to be honest, but I’m hopeful that we’ll be able to get a live view of things before we make commitments in a few months.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Difficult to say if that green interior blends well with, or clashes with "Launch Green" paint since seeing a photo of it is harder than finding a leprechaun. ?‍♂

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
1611191632034.png

Khaki wrap, anyone?

1611191703223.png
I was really hoping for a color similar to this, as well as a flat gray. Doubt I will wrap, but I do think it would look great.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I was really hoping for a color similar to this, as well as a flat gray. Doubt I will wrap, but I do think it would look great.
Yup same, I really like that flat concrete gray look matched with some dark rims. I'm undecided on a wrap as well but if I do get one it'll be a transparent matte wrap on the launch green. If I end up picking the white paint color then maybe the grays open up.

Every time I see that color I think “soviet-issue prosthetic limb”.
What is a vehicle, after all, if not a crutch upon which we lean whilst purveying the wonders of the world? And going to costco and stuff?

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I also configured forest edge and launch green together. I'm not crazy about the interior color options. I was hoping for a rich brown tobacco or camel color pallet... First world problems.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I also configured forest edge and launch green together. I'm not crazy about the interior color options. I was hoping for a rich brown tobacco or camel color pallet... First world problems.
I have brown leather in my current car and love it. I wasn't really crazy about the fake stuff Rivian is using, anyway. I wonder if Katzkin or another vendor will come out with a leather package for the R1T? If so, I might pick the wood and headliner color I want then have the seats re-done with the good stuff.
Sponsored