Sponsored

Does R1S have rear roof flow control air channel like R1T?

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

A bit off topic but does anyone know what the interior height of R1S is? I was told the width can accommodate a plywood but the height looks a bit low on this photo if you want to get something boxy in or car camp without banging your head. It does not look like 5 seater would be any better. Any idea where I can find this info?

1639452214913.png
Wait a minute... You used the concepts of "information" and "Rivian" together in a post unironically? You must be new here!

With their promised deliveries of 15ish? R1S's during December I would love to see the manual for the R1S drop similarly to the R1T when those deliveries were just starting. I'm hoping we get some answers then but I'm not gonna put too much faith in getting anything before 2022
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Max

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r1s-cargo-capacity.927/

I think someone got height data as well, but apparently not the post I found immediately. There is supposedly a 3" difference in height behind the 2nd row for the 5-seater compared to the 7-seater.

EDIT: Found it!

• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm. (33.6 inches)
• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm. (36.4 inches)

Depending on how that's measured, that feels normal for SUVs? I haven't researched comparable vehicles though. I would think Yukon and Telluride would be 2 of the most popular models to look at. Anybody got those cargo heights?
I have to admit, I saw the picture @Max posted, and though, "He's right....that does look short". An expression I usually only utter while going pee.

However, even 33.6 inches seems pretty hefty! My QX60 claims 32.2 inches. And that feels like plenty for me and my savages. This is great news.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I have to admit, I saw the picture @Max posted, and though, "He's right....that does look short". An expression I usually only utter while going pee.

However, even 33.6 inches seems pretty hefty! My QX60 claims 32.2 inches. And that feels like plenty for me and my savages. This is great news.
FWIW, I did see another post that mentioned having been quoted a "minimum cargo height" of 28" for the 7-seater. It was not clear where that was measured, but probably toward the sides and where there's some sort of vent, handle, etc. type feature.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, I did see another post that mentioned having been quoted a "minimum cargo height" of 28" for the 7-seater. It was not clear where that was measured, but probably toward the sides and where there's some sort of vent, handle, etc. type feature.
Right, but the still same applies to my QX60 dimension. More so, as the QX is a much more rotund design, where the R1S seems to have a more boxy design. So I imagine the space feels comparatively larger.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r1s-cargo-capacity.927/

I think someone got height data as well, but apparently not the post I found immediately. There is supposedly a 3" difference in height behind the 2nd row for the 5-seater compared to the 7-seater.

EDIT: Found it!

• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm. (33.6 inches)
• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm. (36.4 inches)

Depending on how that's measured, that feels normal for SUVs? I haven't researched comparable vehicles though. I would think Yukon and Telluride would be 2 of the most popular models to look at. Anybody got those cargo heights?
That is priceless. It solidifies my choice of 5 seater. 3 inches extra height is significant For me.

It looks like opening is not as tall as inside with glass roof. Also the latches on tailgate may be an issue with minimum height and may be even plywood sticking out with tailgate open.

Rivian R1T R1S Does R1S have rear roof flow control air channel like R1T? 1639494694982
Sponsored

Last edited: