Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Hey folks

Just FYI - I got a bada*s laser cutter a few days ago and I will soon start providing leather inserts for the consoles...now testing materials actually. Once I start offering these I will offer them pretty cheap (mostly just shipping) for existing console owners too. Just FYI.
Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I will add they are at least trying. They had sent me a couple of messages, and when I received it I let them know that it barely fit and wouldn't be usable because of how hard it would be to remove and replace to access anything in the lower space. I also told them I was not requesting a refund because it did eventually show up. They refunded my money anyway. They also asked if I could take the correct measurements with pictures and send to them, lol. I'm willing to do that for them. But if I become a paid consultant I'll fully disclose that here. :). Given the other options out there, I still would recommend avoiding them, but if you aren't in a hurry or don't have your truck yet, the unit itself was very good in appearance and overall construction quality. At the price, I would have been very satisfied if they had the measurements correct. Could at least be worth keeping them on your options list and keep an eye out for reviews confirming they finally got the fit right.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I called Amazon CS this morning to request a refund "we have to contact the seller as it is a 3rd party product... give them 3 days to respond". So Amazon can't issue a refund without contacting the seller first.

"This is Dhen the Amazon customer service agent you spoke with today.
Again, I apologize for the hassle and inconvenience caused and do appreciate your patience.

The order was placed with LiFan, a seller on our website. I've sent your inquiry about your order to the seller. You can view the email that was sent to LiFan in Your Account at the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/communication-manager/outbox.html

Give sellers 2 business days to respond. When they reply, you can respond directly to their email. If you don't hear from the seller by November 10, 2022, review the eligibility criteria for submitting an A-to-z Guarantee request:

www.amazon.com/a-to-z-guarantee

We look forward to seeing you again soon. "

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
This is what happens when a no-name Chinese brand manages to get a copy of a copy of a tray or console scan, then, like a 4th-generation photocopy, it turns out poorly. We quit Amazon a few years ago, there's so many companies that pop-up with names made from a random string of letters, sell crap for a couple of months, then vanish. Or, they hijack legitimate listings.

Don't get me wrong, we still seemingly have an Amazon truck show up every day with something, but they really need to stamp out some of this crap.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

This is what happens when a no-name Chinese brand manages to get a copy of a copy of a tray or console scan, then, like a 4th-generation photocopy, it turns out poorly. We quit Amazon a few years ago, there's so many companies that pop-up with names made from a random string of letters, sell crap for a couple of months, then vanish. Or, they hijack legitimate listings.

Don't get me wrong, we still seemingly have an Amazon truck show up every day with something, but they really need to stamp out some of this crap.
Couldn't agree more. I love Amazon as a buyer and dread it as a seller... I hope to quit it one day too.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I've purchased products where the seller is gone before the warranty even expires. Had a electronic rear view mirror/dashcam go bad after 6 months out of a 1yr warranty. Amazon tried to contact the seller.. but they were long gone. They refunded me in full, which was very nice... but who pays for that? Did my refund come out of Jeff's (deep) pocket since the original seller was now MIA?

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I've purchased products where the seller is gone before the warranty even expires. Had a electronic rear view mirror/dashcam go bad after 6 months out of a 1yr warranty. Amazon tried to contact the seller.. but they were long gone. They refunded me in full, which was very nice... but who pays for that? Did my refund come out of Jeff's (deep) pocket since the original seller was now MIA?
I can't tell for this particular case, but in my experience of 1 year selling on Amazon, by default Amazon only gets money and doesn't give money. It's possible that this seller had their company suspended for example and in this case whatever their account balance is, it's at Amazon's whim to do what they like with the money. They also have a month of holding period on payments so there is always a reserve for stuff like that. But basically anything that happens you can assume (and will be correct most of the time) that the seller pays.

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Hey folks

Just FYI - I got a bada*s laser cutter a few days ago and I will soon start providing leather inserts for the consoles...now testing materials actually. Once I start offering these I will offer them pretty cheap (mostly just shipping) for existing console owners too. Just FYI.

Would be interested, though I've probably modified mine enough that I may not go back without some elbow grease. I cut out and glue on felt fabric to your console tray to decrease the sound coins, etc in there. Fit much better than the console tray from amazon (canceled it, but still received it).

feedairy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Tacoma, R1T preorder
I called Amazon CS this morning to request a refund "we have to contact the seller as it is a 3rd party product... give them 3 days to respond". So Amazon can't issue a refund without contacting the seller first.

"This is Dhen the Amazon customer service agent you spoke with today.
Again, I apologize for the hassle and inconvenience caused and do appreciate your patience.

The order was placed with LiFan, a seller on our website. I've sent your inquiry about your order to the seller. You can view the email that was sent to LiFan in Your Account at the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/communication-manager/outbox.html

Give sellers 2 business days to respond. When they reply, you can respond directly to their email. If you don't hear from the seller by November 10, 2022, review the eligibility criteria for submitting an A-to-z Guarantee request:

www.amazon.com/a-to-z-guarantee

We look forward to seeing you again soon. "
Amazon refunded mine today — didn't even have to send it back.

Maybe you paved the way for me?

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Amazon refunded mine today — didn't even have to send it back.

Maybe you paved the way for me?
Did yo udo it completely online.. or did you speak with and Amazon CS rep over the phone?

feedairy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Tacoma, R1T preorder
Did yo udo it completely online.. or did you speak with and Amazon CS rep over the phone?
Initiated a return online, no call to CS. They asked me why, I said I didn't fit, then I was told I didn't need to send it back — so I just threw it in the trash.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
^ thanks!

Just did the return online vs. calling... chose "ordered wrong part" then "doesn't fit" and they accepted the return saying "no need to return item".

I guess they figure it won't fit any vehicle so why bother returning it..

Odd that the CS rep told me even if I did the return online I'd still have to wait for the seller to respond?

MD Waits

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover. Escalade.
Got mine yesterday from Amazon. Fit perfectly. Even better than the twarps version. They must’ve worked out the original fitment issues.
Sponsored