Sponsored

Does anyone with 22s not have steering wheel vibration at high speeds?

Do you have steering wheel shake?

• Total voters

PlinyTheElder24

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
White R1T, Toyota Highlander, Factory Five MKIV
Occupation
Engineer
I picked up my truck yesterday from service center was having service on steering wheel buttons not working. I also just did the latest software update. now the shake is totally obvious above 73-75 and at 80 it’s hard to hold. The truck has only 5k miles and I hadn’t really noticed it but it’s so bad
I’m more worried about the safety than anything else. Again I hadn’t noticed it at all before. Hoping it was just a glitch but I videoed it. Does this look like what others are seeing?

Exactly the same here. My vehicle is at the Service Center right now. In my situation I had the shake at delivery. Since the SC is about 1 hour away, I just took it to Discount Tire and had them rebalanced, but it did absolutely nothing. About 2-3 weeks later I installed Michelin X-Ice Snow tires and of course remount and balance and no change.

My SC complained that they couldn't diagnose with non-OEM tires....which they agreed that if they remount and balance and it doesn't go away they will cover the cost. If one more remount and balance fixes it I will happily pay $100 to have the issue gone. (that would indicate both Rivian factory and my local Discount Tire have problems balancing wheels....seems unlikely).

I am thinking I might have a bent rim from the factory. I wonder if that is an issue with the 22's?
Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I go back in for a third time for steering wheel and whole vehicle vibrations on December 14th. I have had the alignment checked twice at Rivian and balanced both at Rivian and discount tire still no fix.

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
I HAD THIS SAME ISSUE, I no longer do.

I took my R1T into the service center sometime around March (took delivery in Jan) of this year, before they got as busy as they are now. I had originally asked about the shaking, and to check the steering linkage/suspension hardware for proper torquing, etc. They spent some time with the vehicle, and found that one of my 22" Pirellis had a flat spot from the factory. They replaced that single tire with a new one... shake has been gone all year. However, now my 22" are bald, just in time for winter tires. ;)
Sponsored