Sponsored

Does Anyone on this forum also have a Mustang Mach E Reservation?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Mach-e review. Driving impressions still under embargo
This guy's reviews are so thorough, he's great!

Back to @RockDaphne98296's conundrum, I also considered the Mach E before settling on the R1S - primarily for the space. I have a pupper as well that likes to take up an entire row to herself on road trips, so a 3-row option (or rather, the additional space it provides) is a dealbreaker for me if we want to bring any more humans along for the ride ?.

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
I bought my Tesla from Texas, where direct sales are also illegal. Tesla made it easy - it was simply a CA sale, and once the sale was complete, they loaded it on a transporter and delivered it at their local Tesla service center, where a rep went over the car thoroughly w/ me and I had the opportunity to check it out for any flaws.

I wouldn't let any state's franchise laws deter you from a Rivian if it's otherwise the right vehicle for you.

OP
OP
RockDaphne98296

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
I bought my Tesla from Texas, where direct sales are also illegal. Tesla made it easy - it was simply a CA sale, and once the sale was complete, they loaded it on a transporter and delivered it at their local Tesla service center, where a rep went over the car thoroughly w/ me and I had the opportunity to check it out for any flaws.

I wouldn't let any state's franchise laws deter you from a Rivian if it's otherwise the right vehicle for you.
I figured that would be the case - I understand one of the transfer states could be Arizona (I am really hoping that Rivian gets this ironed out in Washington - we have got to be a hot bed of orders!), I have family in Arizona - most of whom will balk at an EV... but it would be a good reason to visit. Pick-up up the R1S - and get really familiar with it by driving it home.

Decisions, decisions...

OP
OP
RockDaphne98296

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
RockDaphne98296, The Mach-E has positives: price, earlier delivery, more established service network and the R1S has positives: More space, utility, greater range.
If you decide to go with the Ford I wouldn't necessarily cancel your very early R1 preorder. LE reservation has value... I recall seeing someone on another thread seeking a LE reservation. Not sure it's been discussed fully but if you configure an R1S with LE spec's and 20" or 22" black wheels it will cost $3500 more and have a year longer wait than yours.

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Porsche Taycan 4S, ‘21 Audi E-tron
We have a premium Mach-E on order for my wife. I just recently put a deposit on a R1S, so it won’t arrive until next year. It will be interesting to compare them side by side (actually side by side).

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

My Mach-E First Edition order arrived yesterday and I'm going to take a look at it this weekend. I'm anticipating passing on it and waiting for the R1S, but I could change my mind if it wows me unexpectedly and the trade-in value of my Tesla comes in where it needs to.

OP
OP
RockDaphne98296

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
My Mach-E First Edition order arrived yesterday and I'm going to take a look at it this weekend. I'm anticipating passing on it and waiting for the R1S, but I could change my mind if it wows me unexpectedly and the trade-in value of my Tesla comes in where it needs to.
Well, I jumped in with both feet and I am very happy with my purchase... I was very concerned about the additional $15-20K for the Rivian, and the Mach E was an amazing test drive - I have only owned it for 7 days and it keeps impressing me - this is from a household where we have owned 5 Fords, but this is a very nice vehicle. I am absolutely loving the full EV as well as a vehicle with a real trunk and a frunk!

@timf - Did you make a decision on your Mach E?

Rivian R1T R1S Does Anyone on this forum also have a Mustang Mach E Reservation? Mach E

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

@timf - Did you make a decision on your Mach E?
Congratulations on your car! I decided not to get the Mach E because I felt it didn't offer me anything more than my current Model X, and the trade-in value was significantly less than it needed to be for the deal to make sense. I'm happy to wait for the R1S.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered a Mach E last month, but while waiting I finally found this California Route 1 at a dealership yesterday. It is Infinite Blue Metallic, which they seem to have discontinued.

Rivian R1T R1S Does Anyone on this forum also have a Mustang Mach E Reservation? IMG_0124

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
My lifestyle is that of an outdoor person who works - weekdays on the freeway and weekends in the woods - we have three hunting dogs who we keep busy with training and activities yearlong in addition to Upland Season Sept to November each year. I have driven in my lifetime everything from a 1972 Datsun 510 modified for road rallying to a Jaguar XJ6, to a Volvo XC90 to a F-350. I currently own a 2017 Ford Fusion PHEV and a 2016 Ford F-350 with my husband. I was happiest with my SUVs - A Ford Explorer was my first brand new vehicle and I drove it until it died, I then went for the Volvo XC70 and missed the height, so I went for the XC90 - comfort, performance, and a SUV. I loved the XC90 with all of my heart. I bought the Fusion PHEV to prove out my interest in going full electric and to get away from the $70/week gas habit, I love the response of the EV side of my PHEV and not having to stop for gas each week - but I miss the SUV space and the AWD during our winters and basically year round rain. Ever since then I have been saying that if I could get an Electric SUV I would buy it in a heartbeat. When Rivian came around, I was thrilled! I reserved almost immediately - Feb 2019. Then Ford released the Mach E in Nov - I have owned 5 Ford's so it was a no brainer to reserve one too - I wanted to see where it would lead... I thought of having both as an insurance policy, one for the other - but I am pleased both are coming to fruition.

To be honest, if I wanted to drive a Tesla, I would have bought one a long time ago - something about them rubs me the wrong way. I have heard good things about the Chevy Bolt - but I am not looking for another sedan/hatchback.

I think I would be happy with either the Rivian or the Mach E, I just might have a little more pocket change with the Mach E :-D
sorry But Tesla is another world when you compare it to a Volt or a Bolt or a Leaf or whatever. Not even close. I get it that Tesla’s dominated the market with great cars, but not for everybody.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I ordered a Mach E last month, but while waiting I finally found this California Route 1 at a dealership yesterday. It is Infinite Blue Metallic, which they seem to have discontinued.

IMG_0124.jpg
Congrats! I look forward to hearing your impressions & review!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Could you expound on the illegal to sell you one in WA? Tesla has stores and sells directly so not sure why Rivian could not.

And they are indeed very different vehicles with different capabilities and strengths.

Only an impression, but the Rivian seems to "speak" to you a bit more (how I wound up with a Ducati instead of a Yamaha). Only you can decide if it is worth the additional $$ and wait time.
Tesla has an exception in the WAC. However, I don't think it's illegal for them to sell them to you, just for them to sell them to you in a store without a dealer.
Sponsored