Sponsored

Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior?

what wood shade would you prefer with the Black Mountain interior?

• Black mountain interior with black mountain wood shade – it's so bad it's good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I too wish there was a non-wood option for the Adventure trim.

I honestly don't feel it would be hard to come up with a single non-wood option that would look good across the line.

Brushed aluminum or a weaved carbon fiber would work for me.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I would wager to say the aftermarket will take care of this in short order....
What other vehicle have you seen aftermarket dash replacements?

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
What other vehicle have you seen aftermarket dash replacements?
There are dash replacements available for all Tesla models I believe. Can swap out the wood trim for carbon fiber, alcantara, color matched trim, etc. I’m sure the Rivian aftermarket will pick up on this as well at some point.

Snakelipdog

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Tech
I perfer the Ocean Coast Interior,but would rather have a darker richer looking wood trim. I think that would be a lot more impressive! I've had many vehicles with wood trim and have never been impressed by lighter colored woods. The darker the wood trim the more impressive! "RIVIAN TAKE NOTE!"

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I perfer the Ocean Coast Interior,but would rather have a darker richer looking wood trim. I think that would be a lot more impressive! I've had many vehicles with wood trim and have never been impressed by lighter colored woods. The darker the wood trim the more impressive! "RIVIAN TAKE NOTE!"
I wonder how hard it would be to swap? I’m going Black Mountain but would like a lighter wood to add some contrast.

when Toyota started putting good scoops on the Tacoma TRD Sport (2005+) I know people on the forums were trading hoods. Some liked the scoop and others didn’t.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I guess this poll is only for people who have configured a black interior, which is definitely not for me.

OP
OP

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Cool to see that this poll is up to 115 votes. So far the Forest Edge wood shade has a demanding lead.

I wonder how hard it would be to swap? I’m going Black Mountain but would like a lighter wood to add some contrast.
Yup! As @Snakelipdog and @CommodoreAmiga indicated, a contrast helps define the interior. Be it darker seats and lighter wood, or vice versa. Rivian - take note, indeed! Only 27% of respondents like the wood trim that comes with Black Mountain.

I myself would love the Black Mountain interior with the Ocean Coast wood trim. Recent pictures of the Black Mountain interior suggest that the wood shade isn't as dark as older pictures indicated, though of course who are we but folks that turn the cranks on the rumor mill. The reality of the interior color palettes is one of the many things we're waiting to see.

I guess this poll is only for people who have configured a black interior, which is definitely not for me.
Yeah, it seemed from other, earlier (pre-March 2021) posts that even if folks were choosing the Black Mountain trim -- for whatever reason -- there weren't many (any?) enthusiastic posts about what at the time seemed to be a flat, monochromatic interior. For practical reasons I've selected Black Mountain, though I do like the aesthetic as well . . . except for what seemed to be a really unfortunate shade of stain applied to the wood trim. So I started this poll to see if anyone did actually like the entirety of the Black Mountain palette, including the wood, or if other combinations were preferred. I totally get that folks have a preference for one of the other interior options.

Not that this poll will have any bearing on the LE (or will it?!), but perhaps food for thought as Rivian matures their assembly process and options.
Sponsored