Sponsored

Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior?

what wood shade would you prefer with the Black Mountain interior?

• Black mountain interior with black mountain wood shade – it's so bad it's good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The wood is actually the primary reason I don't want the adventure trim.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

The wood is actually the primary reason I don't want the adventure trim.
That's interesting. It's one of the many reasons I want the Adventure/LE package. That's the beauty of the options they've given us. We have choices. That said, it would be nice if the Explore's less expensive dash face could be substituted.

Oh well....

MadMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tesla Model 3
I like the black on black. It’s the sort of urban minimalist thing. In pictures, I like the warm brown wood and the black seats as well. But, I see what they’re going for with all black.

Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Having seen the black on black interior in Seattle, a couple years ago now, it had a very slight brown tint to the black wood (you can see it more in the arm rest photo and the dash in front of the passenger seat) It wasn't much but it was noticeable
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_170838
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_171148
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_172556
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_172602

Granted the vehicle was pre production I still fell in love with it right away. The one thing it had which I hope they retain through the LE and Adventure package is the yellow stripe running down the black seat belts. It looked awesome

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Ocean with the black wood looks the best to me, wish we could customize the wood trim
Having seen the black on black interior in Seattle, a couple years ago now, it had a very slight brown tint to the black wood (you can see it more in the arm rest photo and the dash in front of the passenger seat) It wasn't much but it was noticeable
20190927_170838.jpg
20190927_171148.jpg
20190927_172556.jpg
20190927_172602.jpg

Granted the vehicle was pre production I still fell in love with it right away. The one thing it had which I hope they retain through the LE and Adventure package is the yellow stripe running down the black seat belts. It looked awesome
Hear, hear!

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Having seen the black on black interior in Seattle, a couple years ago now, it had a very slight brown tint to the black wood (you can see it more in the arm rest photo and the dash in front of the passenger seat) It wasn't much but it was noticeable.

Your photos look so much better than what Rivian has shared. The materials feel much more warm and pleasant.

Rivian Blue with Black Mountain looks amazing!

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Your photos look so much better than what Rivian has shared. The materials feel much more warm and pleasant.

I saw the combination for the first time in Seattle as well and can say that it really is MUCH better in person than in photos and 1000x better than the renderings from the configurator.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I saw the combination for the first time in Seattle as well and can say that it really is MUCH better in person than in photos and 1000x better than the renderings from the configurator.
Agreed, I remember hovering around the silver R1t (forrest green) and green R1S (ocean coast) for a while when I first got there, then decided to wander around the event and saw the Blue R1T outside and was floored. I spent the bulk of my time there checking it out and chatting with the designer (he took the close up interior shots for me with my phone so thank him for that). And yeah as @godfodder0901 said, the vehicles in person vs photos renderings is unreal, white interior was not too bright, was the right shade of an off white, green interior similarly wasn't as overwhelming as the renderings make it out to be, it was I suppose "Tastefully muted" haha

I did quite like the white as well, but working in construction and being around black chalk lines often.... my finger prints would be permanently stained into the upholstery
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_162956
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_163750
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_164043
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_164428
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_164430
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 20190927_164725

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Is the Ocean Coast a pure white like Tesla's white? or is it more grey? or more of a creamy off-white?

I've never been a huge fan of all-black interiors. I especially don't like black seats because I do find them much hotter in the sun. My current car has mostly black trim but a rich medium brown leather, like a cinnamon or saddle leather color. I love that mid-tone option. Green looks like the closest, but I don't think it would look good with the exterior colors I would consider.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Is the Ocean Coast a pure white like Tesla's white? or is it more grey? or more of a creamy off-white?
The original name for the Ocean Coast was "Lunar Rock" and I would say that the "Lunar Rock" more accurately describes the color scheme.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've never been a huge fan of all-black interiors. I especially don't like black seats because I do find them much hotter in the sun. My current car has mostly black trim but a rich medium brown leather, like a cinnamon or saddle leather color. I love that mid-tone option. Green looks like the closest, but I don't think it would look good with the exterior colors I would consider.
Ocean Coast is light grey, not white or off-white. It is nothing like Tesla's true white, even though people often refer to it as white. In fact, it is very similar to the grey Tesla had on the Model S before they switched to white.

OP
OP

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
20190927_170838.jpg
20190927_171148.jpg
20190927_172556.jpg
20190927_172602.jpg

The shade does look really different in the images compared with the renderings. Also, my eyes must be going because in some of the contours, with the light at a specific angle on the seats, the Black Mountain starts to look like forest green.

I'm developing a sneaking suspicion that we are rats in a Rivian maze, and there are all sorts of interesting psychological experiments Rivian is running with color choices, communication styles, and . . . well, pretty much everything else.

Internal email from the Rivian department of psychology: "let's see what we can get them spun up on this week . . ."

Maybe RJ really likes the tv show Lost.

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

New poster here so maybe it’s been discussed, but did anyone notice what appears to be the black mountain interior with the ocean coast wood trim in this picture?
Rivian R1T R1S Does anyone actually like the wood in the Black Mountain interior? 645E30BA-0839-4512-A4A5-41DA3CEF9862

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
New poster here so maybe it’s been discussed, but did anyone notice what appears to be the black mountain interior with the ocean coast wood trim in this picture?
645E30BA-0839-4512-A4A5-41DA3CEF9862.jpeg
Good eye! And interesting...

OP
OP

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
645E30BA-0839-4512-A4A5-41DA3CEF9862.jpeg
Agreed with @skyote, good eye! Made me go back at look more carefully at pictures in post #19 above from @MountainBikeDude. The shot from the driver's side back door that looks diagonally across the cabin to the front passenger door shows a lighter-colored wood in the front door of that picture too. Maybe not as light as the desert photo, but at this point, who knows?!

I don't know if "call me #chilewiched" makes any sense here, but it sure sounds about right to me.

And, welcome to the forum @KyleJJ06!
Sponsored