Sponsored

Do you think you'll be able to buy the wood trim separately?

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I really like this option! I hope Rivian can do this. The ocean interior for the R1T has a darker dash which is a nice option.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
I spoke to Martin at Rivian and asked to separate the dash woods from the interior colors so buyers can mix and match the interior coponents. He agreed that was a good suggestion. Lets see what happens .......

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I spoke to Martin at Rivian and asked to separate the dash woods from the interior colors so buyers can mix and match the interior coponents. He agreed that was a good suggestion. Lets see what happens .......
Ughhh that Martin.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
RJ stated that the Black wheels would not be available on the Launch Edition to simplify production. Wheels are a lot easier to change out than dash trim. I can see them adding a new interior choice based on feedback, but not a "pick and choose" "mix and match" option

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Tesla had the wood trim separate from the interior color for the first several years of production. They eventually realized that it complicates production too much to offer independent choices, and simplified to each interior color having a fixed trim color. While customers may want customizability, Rivian is simply learning from others that it's better to limit choices for production efficiency.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RJ stated that the Black wheels would not be available on the Launch Edition to simplify production. Wheels are a lot easier to change out than dash trim. I can see them adding a new interior choice based on feedback, but not a "pick and choose" "mix and match" option
YUP mentioned that as well .... I wamt the Launch Edition in Blue with the 22" Black wheels.

BDiddy669

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Here are all color combos and originals: Mixed Material Interiors
Tyson that is very cool. THANKS for doing that. THESE are the options Rivan should have offered. Those wood accents should be mix and match. Its not too hard to do. I felt I had no choice but to pick the sage green interior because I REALLY prefer the medium brown wood trim. But I prefer a black interior. Its frustrating. 1st world problems... I know... but we should have been given more of a choice. Hopefully they will listen and make adjustments.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Has anyone tried reaching out to Rivian CS to see if they are taking this into consideration?

Sponsored

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone tried reaching out to Rivian CS to see if they are taking this into consideration?
YES I did .... Martin was supposed to follow up with me on this and the wheel combos as well. So far nothing ... :headbang:

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
YES I did .... Martin was supposed to follow up with me on this and the wheel combos as well. So far nothing ... :headbang:
Thank you for reaching out to them. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Hopefully we will hear from them soon.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Does anyone know if the R1T shown at Mill Valley in January was supposed to represent the Black Mountain interior? In the photos (below), it looks more sharkskin grey than black to begin with.

I just feel like they have missed the mark with the Black Mountain adventure package entirely. Like others, I'm not a big fan of the black stained wood on the dark interior. The green floor mats, green stitching, and green accents on the seats also don't look great against the black/grey fake leather IMO. The green accents only make sense if the exterior color of the car is green. I don't think it works with a blue, red, or yellow exterior. If I'm ordering a black interior, I want black on black and maybe some neutral accents. I don't want large green accents. If I'm paying for the wood accents, I don't want the wood to be hidden under a dark stain. I would probably prefer the explore black interior than the one included in the launch edition/adventure package.

I initially configured with the Black Mountain because it felt weird to opt for a light interior in a truck. But I'm now leaning towards the Ocean Coast, which just feels like a more cohesive interior.

Rivian R1T R1S Do you think you'll be able to buy the wood trim separately? Kps6RL

Rivian R1T R1S Do you think you'll be able to buy the wood trim separately? mg0UJeD
Sponsored