Sponsored

Do you think you'll be able to buy the wood trim separately?

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I love the Black Mountain interior, but want the wood from the Forest Edge. I'm hoping its not too much a pain to swap after market because I honestly might just do that. Here's a preview of what it would look like:

Rivian R1T R1S Do you think you'll be able to buy the wood trim separately? Black_with_Forest_Wood

Update: Here are all color combos and originals: Mixed Material Interiors
Sponsored

Last edited:

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Sounds easy but you might have to buy the intire dash the way parts are sold. Find you a good wood shop or start sanding.

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
I love the Black Mountain interior, but want the wood from the Forest Edge. I'm hoping its not too much a pain to swap after market because I honestly might just do that. Here's a preview of what it would look like:

View attachment 2138
Would you be willing to post the Ocean Beach interior with the Forest Edge wood trim? I love that medium brown but unsure how it would look on the light interior. i don't think these mix and match options will be available but would like to check it out nonetheless. i do like the black and brown render btw

Mikers

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Landrover Discovery, 1974 Volkswagen Thing
This looks great! I would think Rivian would have to eventually make all of their parts available for making repairs. Of course they will probably charge a premium as all of the other auto makers do.

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Would you be willing to post the Ocean Beach interior with the Forest Edge wood trim? I love that medium brown but unsure how it would look on the light interior. i don't think these mix and match options will be available but would like to check it out nonetheless. i do like the black and brown render btw
Rivian R1T R1S Do you think you'll be able to buy the wood trim separately? Ocean_Beach_with_Forest_Wood

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Black_with_Forest_Wood.jpg
I really wish they would do this, I like the contrast & the more natural wood look vs the black stain.

BDiddy669

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

This is EXACTY what I was thinking and wondering. LOVE the medium wood accents. HATE the sage colored vegan leather. Ugh... I had no idea what to pick when I logged on to configure my R1S. I have been calling and emailing Rivian for the past 2 days. If we pay this much for this vehicle I DO hope they can accommodate providing a black interior with the medium brown wood accents. its NOT too much to ask.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition

Rivian if your monitoring this forum please please make this an interior option!!! This gives the interior a subtle pop. The satin black wood looks to much like the base interior on the lower package.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
There is a good reason manufacturers have gone to trim packages and not the a la carte model that lets you pick and choose every conceivable detail. The cost would go through the roof and production speed would be a fraction of what they could otherwise do.

Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
There is a good reason manufacturers have gone to trim packages and not the a la carte model that lets you pick and choose every conceivable detail. The cost would go through the roof and production speed would be a fraction of what they could otherwise do.
I agree cost would definitely go up if they aloud us to a la carte. I can't believe they added a $2000 premium to forest edge trim. I know they can't please everyone on trim levels or interior packages. Maybe they could just offer one more trim package. Which should still keep the cost the same. Basically its just black mountain trim with forest edge wood color.

I configured my vehicle with black mountain. The first thing that came to mind was how much it resembles the explorer matte black interior.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I agree that some contrast in the black interior would be really nice. I had asked quite some time ago about mix-n-matching the interior bits, specifically the Ocean Beach (Lunar Rock at the time) wood trim in the Black Mountain interior. I was told that would not be supported. Perhaps if we keep asking they'll make it an option post-LE.

KenJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
Swapping these trim pieces was very popular on BMWs and I’ve seen some folks swap trim in Teslas, but the dash design makes it look like it will be harder on the Rivian. I also would suspect it’ll be tough to come by early in the production unless we all set up a swap site and trade on our own :giggle:

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
I agree that some contrast in the black interior would be really nice. I had asked quite some time ago about mix-n-matching the interior bits, specifically the Ocean Beach (Lunar Rock at the time) wood trim in the Black Mountain interior. I was told that would not be supported. Perhaps if we keep asking they'll make it an option post-LE.
Me too! The combination that would totally pop, as the vernacular goes (I think), is the black mountain interior upholstery colors -- which appear to be almost exclusively black and very dark shades of gray -- with the lightest-color wood trim from the Ocean Beach palette.

The Ocean Beach palette is just too light for me (the white would last about 1 min max with my kids), and the green is just too shag-carpet 70's. So Black Mountain it is.

But the Black Mountain palette is surprisingly monochromatic. I'm surprised that such an all-in, all-black design choice came from a company who has gone to great lengths to advertise how high-end their interior will be. Granted, quality and aesthetics are two different things, and I'll take quality over aesthetics, but the all-black interior reminds me of the ill-planned Spinal Tap album cover ("how much more black could it be . . .?")

The contrast between the dark upholstery and the light wood trim would be really sharp. @MisterTea, can I put in a request for a rendering of that combination?

Even better would be to have non-wood trim as an option for the LE too, because I'm not really a wood-trim kind of person. But if the LE only comes with wood trim, it would be great to have an option to mix and match the wood trim colors with the upholstery colors, as we all seem to have different preferences for which colors go best with which. I sure would like to avoid thinking I'm entering the Spinal Tap universe every time I get in the Rivian . . . ;)

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I sure would like to avoid thinking I'm entering the Spinal Tap universe every time I get in the Rivian . . . ;)
Just turn the Elevation 360 up to 11 & rock on
Sponsored