Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Some might remember any other thread I had my appointment at Gaithersburg in October converted to a mobile appointment.

Today was the day and the technician showed up in Arabian van. Most of the work was related to the recalls on the backup lights and alignment issue on the gate and door handle and a tire rotation along with some other small picky items.

For the great guy all around showed up promptly this morning (He's still here). Like lots of contractors I offer them a bottle of water but I also offered him a charge while he was here from my level to 48 amp in the garage and he was happy to take me up on it since I'm quite a ways from the service center. I figure it saves him a couple of minutes at a high speed charger later in the day and he did say I was his first appointment.

Great experience all around

Rivian R1T R1S DMV Mobile service experience 20231017_093553
Sponsored

CPolism

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Allroad, Ford Edge
Occupation
Risk Management
Clubs

Good to know - can you ask him if they can install new wheels (going from 21’s to 20’s) while also reprogramming the truck? I was under the impression the SC had to do it, but now I’m hearing otherwise.

OP
OP
jeeden

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Good to know - can you ask him if they can install new wheels (going from 21’s to 20’s) while also reprogramming the truck? I was under the impression the SC had to do it, but now I’m hearing otherwise.

I asked him and he said they are capable of recalibrating everything from the mobile van. However, the calibration of the surround view is difficult to do in the field because lighting can mess up the calibration. I told him I thought that the speedo was the only thing that needed to be calibrated with new wheels, but he said technically if you change wheel and tire sizes there are several things that need to be recalibrated including the surround view.

He just left, fought with the tailgate alignment all morning, but got that done along with the hardness recall and a chargeport door alignment adjustment. He needed to get to his other appointment. He offered to come back tonight, but I told him tomorrow morning is fine as I work from home. The tailgate looks great though. The right side where it was out of alignment is perfect now and the entire gate is aligned "lower" to the bumper and there isn't as much of a gap now. He said he had to loosen just about every adjustment and realign everything on both gate doors to get it right.
Sponsored