Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Wee haw it fits on the R1S too. Need to modify it to accept a bike rack on the swing though.
Super happy to see this solution (and the RigD supply option). The lack of a spare has really discouraged me from taking my R1S off-road. I was also thinking about something like this for larger wheels on my GX470 (underbody spare) which I still have - so it's something that I could move between vehicles so that's even better for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm getting quite good at complicating things. Need to beef up the swing out pivot significantly but this is probably going to work. Bikes are also on the swing arm.

Rivian R1T R1S DIY Hitch mounted spare tire swing-out carrier for R1T PXL_20230607_004725383

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

tahoer1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm getting quite good at complicating things. Need to beef up the swing out pivot significantly but this is probably going to work. Bikes are also on the swing arm.

PXL_20230607_004725383.jpg

Hey Dark-Fx! A bit off topic here - but any chance I could convince you to post some more pics (side profile and such) of your R1S with 3 crossbars? I’ve been thinking of doing the same and am curious to see the look! You’re the only one I’ve seen.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hey Dark-Fx! A bit off topic here - but any chance I could convince you to post some more pics (side profile and such) of your R1S with 3 crossbars? I’ve been thinking of doing the same and am curious to see the look! You’re the only one I’ve seen.
Almost forgot to answer here. We don't typically have any crossbars on the R1S. Was sorta forced into it for this trip because my R1T was still in for service. I typically have a set of crossbars married to my tent even when it is off the truck.
Going back through my photos, these are the only ones that sorta show all three crossbars.
Rivian R1T R1S DIY Hitch mounted spare tire swing-out carrier for R1T PXL_20230613_151851863

Rivian R1T R1S DIY Hitch mounted spare tire swing-out carrier for R1T PXL_20230609_200834231
Sponsored