Sponsored

Hamimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sport
The plastic on the gear tunnel sticks up a bit over a half inch higher than the interior plastic. I don't want to take the whole door off the hinge, just change how they are doing the plastic in it. I still like being able to use it as a step.

Hi Brian,

Nice project regarding the gear tunnel. I am trying to design some utilities for the gear tunnel. Do you know what materials the gear tunnel wall, floor and door cover are made of (what kind of plastics, etc.)?

Any feedbacks would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Hami

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hi Brian,

Nice project regarding the gear tunnel. I am trying to design some utilities for the gear tunnel. Do you know what materials the gear tunnel wall, floor and door cover are made of (what kind of plastics, etc.)?

Any feedbacks would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Hami
This is the plastic piece just on the inside of the tunnel. I haven't pulled the felt stuff out to see if it has markings at all.
Rivian R1T R1S DIY Camp Kitchen (In Progress) 1655487930743

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

We used the induction stove this past weekend with the snowpeak stuff and it worked great.

Snowpeak has two different "Home & Camp Cooker" sets that are 19 and 26cm. I had found something that says Rivian ships with the 19cm pieces, but it's actually the 26cm pieces. We bought the 19cm pieces. Even though the bottom of them is slightly raised, we had no problems cooking with it. Also bought the kettle for heating up water, and no complaints there either.

Still have a long ways to go to complete my slide system. Was having issues with my TIG welder earlier this week, and haven't had time to try again after making some changes. I might switch to MIG and see how that goes.

Hamimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sport
This is the plastic piece just on the inside of the tunnel. I haven't pulled the felt stuff out to see if it has markings at all.
1655487930743.png
Thanks Brian for taking the time and send this image. Is this part the garnish around the opening of the tunnel?
Rivian R1T R1S DIY Camp Kitchen (In Progress) 1655733532023

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Thanks Brian for taking the time and send this image. Is this part the garnish around the opening of the tunnel?
1655733532023.png
Yes.

Hamimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sport
Brian, would you be able to send some pictures of the carpeted panel? If any markings, etc.? I would wanna see how many of them are used? Maybe I can use them in the new build.
Thanks again in advance

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Working in the “kitchen” on the bed side of the truck makes so much more sense to me than the door side. All your other camping stuff will be near the bed side and that’s where people will be hanging out. After playing with the Rivian Camp Kitchen during a first drive event, I was not impressed. And per the employee, you have to completely take down and push in the kitchen to access the water tank to refill it.
I plan on having an awning mounted on the roof. That sprt of thing might be why the kitchen is oriented how it is.

alao, apparently the water can now be filled from either side. I saw that….somewhere.

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
This thread is great. I hope you guys figure out a good solution.

I have a friend that works for a rivian vendor and he mentioned there are no plans for releasing the camp kitchen. His words 'rivian is very short sighted and one example is pricing for the camp kitchen. It's not that rivian can't supply the camp kitchen, they can't afford to make it. They grossly underpriced it. They're actively talking about what to do about it'

Take that for what you will, your normal 3 degrees removed rumor, but I wasn't surprised when I heard it.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Do you have pictures of the finished kitchen?
I'm still a long ways from being finished. Too many projects going on at once right now. I have two weeks before our next camping trip though, so I need to kick things into high gear.
Sponsored