First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Looks like you quoted a member who made some assumptions. No one from our team has made an official statement regarding a group buy yet. We look forward to doing that soon!
Have you decided if you're doing a structured group buy for the sliders in the very near future? Without competition, 1EV is getting all the business for their running boards/sliders.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hey @DCE

This thread has gotten a bit stale but any update on the weight for your rock slider product?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

These partners are companies with the highest reputation in their respective categories.
Optima batteries used to be great.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I'm curios about the battery system and management that was in the Frunk of the R1T you guys built can you show that and what all it did?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Optima batteries used to be great.
Yeah, they have been through multiple sell/acquisition cycles. It *appears* they may be on the upswing again from discussion I've read elesewhere.

I'd be interested in what Optima batteries where used and what the process was/is for installing them. People who have had issues with the "stock" batteries seem to have required Rivian service center help to get going. Not as easy to replace as your typical ICE vehicle?

@DCE - Any info to share on the above? Also, will you guys be sharing any build info on your Switch Pro implementation?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd be interested in what Optima batteries where used and what the process was/is for installing them. People who have had issues with the "stock" batteries seem to have required Rivian service center help to get going. Not as easy to replace as your typical ICE vehicle?
I don't think they even had optima batteries in the trucks. I've used a lot of optima batteries in the past and before they moved production overseas, they were great. The overseas ones all died shortly after the much shorter warranty period was up. Optima didn't pass on cost savings to the customer at all, kept the premium prices for the not premium experience.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Optima Batteries has owned and operated their own plant in Monterrey, Mexico since 2007. Their AGM batteries and charger have served me well in pretty harsh conditions for both vehicles and boats both before and after 2007, including deep discharges.

The only issue I ever had was my fault when I didnā€™t tighten a post nut sufficiently. It worked its way loose and melted that corner. Again, my bad.

Camshaft

Site Sponsor
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, G55, E63s, E55, Excursion, and many more
Occupation
Battery manufacturer
I don't think they even had optima batteries in the trucks. I've used a lot of optima batteries in the past and before they moved production overseas, they were great. The overseas ones all died shortly after the much shorter warranty period was up. Optima didn't pass on cost savings to the customer at all, kept the premium prices for the not premium experience.
The new OPTIMA Hypercore Lithium batteries are used in the Rivian trucks to power the additional electrical loads of the accessories.
OPTIMA Batteries have never been made overseas yet there were two manufacturers building cheap counterfeit batteries.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The new OPTIMA Hypercore Lithium batteries are used in the Rivian trucks to power the additional electrical loads of the accessories.
OPTIMA Batteries have never been made overseas yet there were two manufacturers building cheap counterfeit batteries.
So not actually used in the trucks. (Is it really that hard to call it an auxiliary system?)

You're right, it was Mexico. Not overseas. Before they moved the production from Wisconsin, their quality was a lot better. Maybe it's better now? Don't care. They lost my business.

Camshaft

Site Sponsor
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Battery manufacturer
The OPTIMA batteries are actually used IN the trucks and fully integrated into the 12 volt power system. The low voltage 12 volt power system is critical to all EVs and elngineered as part of the truck. The OPTIMA Batteries are IN the truck and supporting the 12 volt system ALL the time. They are NOT auxiliary batteries. They do provide extra AH to a system that needs it.

OPTIMA batteries are not used as the traction batteries.

OPTIMA batteries were never manufactured in WI either. Sorry you had a bad experience with the OPTIMA brand. If you ever decide to be a little more open minded Iā€™d be happy to work at earning your trust back. It is the flagship premium brand for the worlds largest battery manufacturer.

Sponsored

Camshaft

Site Sponsor
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Battery manufacturer
Yeah, they have been through multiple sell/acquisition cycles. It *appears* they may be on the upswing again from discussion I've read elesewhere.

@DCE - Any info to share on the above? Also, will you guys be sharing any build info on your Switch Pro implementation?
The stock system has two small AGM 12 volt batteries that are in service and being used most of the time - even when it is parked, locked and not being driven. Iā€™m pretty sure that the recent software updates have addressed some of the loads on the 12 volt system. Regardless, adding accessories like the big light bar that consumes 20 amps add something to the system that it was not designed for. The OPTIMA system adds more fuel capacity to the electrical fuel tank. It is a concept that works yet it is not an elegant solution and not ready for to sell or recommend. I can share that a solution to upgrade the stock system is being worked on.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
The stock system has two small AGM 12 volt batteries that are in service and being used most of the time - even when it is parked, locked and not being driven. Iā€™m pretty sure that the recent software updates have addressed some of the loads on the 12 volt system. Regardless, adding accessories like the big light bar that consumes 20 amps add something to the system that it was not designed for. The OPTIMA system adds more fuel capacity to the electrical fuel tank. It is a concept that works yet it is not an elegant solution and not ready for to sell or recommend. I can share that a solution to upgrade the stock system is being worked on.
A more robust and powerful 12V system is definitely needed on these trucks. As well as a separate fuse box/ power distribution block for 12V items.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Not sure where that information originated from. Something may have been taken out of context. We will have a group buy and there will be a minimum. We are evaluating capacity and timing for an estimated orders and will have an official deal to offer soon.
Any update on the official deal? Thank you.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
We are carrying portable winches until we have a solution.
What portable winches are you using? And how are you powering them?

any near term plans for a DCE winch solution?
Sponsored