First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Aren't those the rock sliders that someone else was trying to get a group together to lower the price on but everyone thought they looked to flimsy?
Yes.... There is another thread on this....
Sponsored

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks for all of the great questions and comments. We hope to address all of your inquiries as soon as possible. I hope many of you can understand, offering a premium product for our unique vehicles is a tall task. We have taken our time before releasing our rock-sliders to ensure that they pass our stringent product launch process. Our offering and product launch is based on many product iterations and thousands of test miles both on and off road. Though we made the product our priority, we were not prepared for the massive response and we are playing catch up to make sure we have someone dedicated to answer all questions. We will do our best to prioritize the forum questions, phone calls and emails. We are working on updating the DCE product description and will post answers to questions on this post soon!

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Thanks for all of the great questions and comments. We hope to address all of your inquiries as soon as possible. I hope many of you can understand, offering a premium product for our unique vehicles is a tall task. We have taken our time before releasing our rock-sliders to ensure that they pass our stringent product launch process. Our offering and product launch is based on many product iterations and thousands of test miles both on and off road. Though we made the product our priority, we were not prepared for the massive response and we are playing catch up to make sure we have someone dedicated to answer all questions. We will do our best to prioritize the forum questions, phone calls and emails. We are working on updating the DCE product description and will post answers to questions on this post soon!
Got more interested in the group by now that I saw the video..

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
It looks like that is just jacking up one tire. I'd be more impressed if it could support both tires on that side. The sliders on my Jeep saved me many times.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Wait until you see the next video…
@DCE Looking forward to the next video.

Your rock sliders are about $1000 more than the ones from 1EV. As far as you can tell, is there a substantial/material advantage in your sliders for that $1000?

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Tesla Model Y Performance
We would all love more detailed info on the build overall. Along with the sliders, I am very interested in how you got those wheels to fit.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

We would all love more detailed info on the build overall. Along with the sliders, I am very interested in how you got those wheels to fit.
I've asked that question on multiple places. They don't appear to want to answer it.

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've asked that question on multiple places. They don't appear to want to answer it.
My guess is because it is not their product, which is somewhat understandable. I suppose I could reach out to Black Rhino Wheels.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

My guess is because it is not their product, which is somewhat understandable. I suppose I could reach out to Black Rhino Wheels.
Maybe, it would be easy enough to answer the simple question. What size tires they used and if they have any rubbing issues at lower ride heights, which I guess is slightly different from your question.

Sponsored

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe, it would be easy enough to answer the simple question. What size tires they used and if they have any rubbing issues at lower ride heights, which I guess is slightly different from your question.
Those questions are just as important lol!

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
@DCE Looking forward to the next video.

Your rock sliders are about $1000 more than the ones from 1EV. As far as you can tell, is there a substantial/material advantage in your sliders for that $1000?
I cannot provide a comparison to the 1EV sliders. I haven’t seen them on an R1T other than a photoshopped image. They might be great and could be a decent low cost alternative. If you know the Weistec brand or poke around the website to see the other offerings you will see that the brand stands for premium high quality products. We are not interested in cutting corners nor are our customers and project partners. Please take a good look at our partners on the SEMA Rivian builds. These partners are companies with the highest reputation in their respective categories.
Our sliders are made in-house with strict quality control processes. Our pricing reflects not only materials (steel frame, aluminum top and stainless hardware) but design time, overhead, testing, marketing plus labor to build them. And yes, some profit.

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
I will try to provide more information soon. Fortunately I have a close partnership with BFGoodrich Tires and Black Rhino Wheels. I am not only testing tires but wheel offsets and widths as well. All three are critical. In addition, not all 295/65 20’s are the same. I need a little more time before I can share anything meaningful.

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I will try to provide more information soon. Fortunately I have a close partnership with BFGoodrich Tires and Black Rhino Wheels. I am not only testing tires but wheel offsets and widths as well. All three are critical. In addition, not all 295/65 20’s are the same. I need a little more time before I can share anything meaningful.
awesome!! Can’t wait for the details.

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Those questions are just as important lol!
Per my response above, I hope to have more info soon. At SEMA the truck had production 295/65R20 BFGoodrich K02’s on prototype forged Black Rhino wheels. We are trying various offsets and widths. After we land on the best combination we can share the sizing for the production wheels.
Sponsored