Sponsored

Did we just lose free tunein with the 2023.10.0 software update ?

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer

I just finished installing the new update and now Tunein is asking me for my credit card numbers for a 1 year free trial of Tunein... after that it would be $99 per year.

Did I miss something or this is part of the email we got in a few months ago saying that free things would not be more free ?
Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired

I just finished installing the new update and now Tunein is asking me for my credit card numbers for a 1 year free trial of Tunein... after that it would be $99 per year.

Did I miss something or this is part of the email we got in a few months ago saying that free things would not be more free ?
I can't say for sure, but I think the fee is only for the premium stations (sports, news, etc.) I updated to 2023.10.1 and only had to provide an email address and password.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
i had lost it too - reconnected today and it brought everything back. Didnt sign up for the premium trial.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

There's a reason TuneIn decided to pay someone to start posting on this board after this deal happened. I expect them to comment here shortly.

OP
OP
kayabusa

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
Update**** I had to do it with a desktop pc otherwise didn't work for me, linked my pc tunein account with the rivian, and choose free account on the pc , after that I was able to keep using the free version on the Rivian. No need to put the credit card and sign up for the trial.

Sponsored

scmrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S
When I set it up in the Rivian after you scan the QR code and you log in on your phone there is a small "no thanks" towards the bottom of the free trial offer. I missed it yesterday but was just able to get set back up.

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I sat in a Walmart parking lot for half an hour trying to set up the one year trial. Now TuneIn doesn't work at all. So yes, it appears to me that free TuneIn is gone. I will try again on the website and see if I can just get the free version working again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
So there is a free Tunein vs. the free trial Tunein? I just wanted to sign up for the free trial Tunein, do you have to do that thru the app in the Rivian?

scmrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S
after you scan the QR code on screen in the truck on your phone and log in to your account the free trial signup that pops up has a "no thanks" skip link at the bottom which then gives you the free version without signing up for the trial.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
I tried signing up for the free Tunein but I couldn't see anyway during the install process to do it. I'm really not interested in the Premium package. But the only way I could get Tunein to install again was to add my credit card number for a free year of service.

That gave me the feeling that this whole new process was to make you pay from now on and that anything free from Tunein had ended. I'd like some confirmation from Rivian or Tunein.

Sponsored

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

Update**** I had to do it with a desktop pc otherwise didn't work for me, linked my pc tunein account with the rivian, and choose free account on the pc , after that I was able to keep using the free version on the Rivian. No need to put the credit card and sign up for the trial.
You would think they would have made our lives easier by including a "No thanks, I will continue to use the free service" button on that new splash screen.

They obviously don't because they want people to sign up for the "free" trial.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I don't even know what tune in is, haven't used it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So I don't use tunein but tested just asking Alexa and that worked without logging in. "Alexa, play station on tunein"

EdgarD

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Thanks all who posted. I have been listening to TuneIn, creating favorites etc. I'm still adjusting to my loss of XM. Hey Rivian, please add the XM App. Anyway, after the software update, I got the prompt to sign up for the premium account. Just what I need, another monthly subscription that auto renews.

Anyway, I scanned the code and signed in. Hit no thanks, and now am listening bro KPJK, one of the most eclectic stations I've come across, from Orangeburg, SC no less.

bspeterson619

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 RT1
Clubs

I just reached out as I lost access with the new update. If you want Premium, scan the we code and you do have to provide a card but it’s free for the first year.
Sponsored