Sponsored

Did Not Cancel my R1S order :-)

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
We should have a poll. Did you cancel your order? I bet no would win by a landslide.

Sponsored

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
We should have a poll. Did you cancel your order? I bet no would win by a landslide.
I have my truck but canceled a second reservation I had waiting for a dual max once I found out the max wasn't 180kwh

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Make it multiple choice. I had two reservations for the R1S and ended up cancelling the second one. Of course I originally made it as max pack R1T placeholder but shifted it around a few times. Not really interested in giving up either quad motor for a barely larger battery.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Aren’t you worried that it won’t be exactly like another car you have previously owned?
Previous vehicle was a 23 year old Plymouth minivan with 200k miles, one airbag, cassette player, and fully oxidized paint that at one time was red.
The R1S has met my expectations... (but I can't find the darn tape player in it)

ediehl

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Pilot
I have my truck but canceled a second reservation I had waiting for a dual max once I found out the max wasn't 180kwh
Was it the battery size or the range you were looking for when you put down your deposit?
While I would have preferred a quad motor capable of 400+ miles the R1T max pack is still good for me since I was looking for a 400+ mile vehicle.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
Was it the battery size or the range you were looking for when you put down your deposit?
While I would have preferred a quad motor capable of 400+ miles the R1T max pack is still good for me since I was looking for a 400+ mile vehicle.
For me, it was the size. I don't understand how they can charge so much more for such little capacity. I I know they are obviously more expensive cells that they are putting into it.But it doesn't have more of them. 10 grand over the large is a stretch for 50 miles. Now if it truly had a 180 kWh, I would get over 450 miles of range the way I drive. Which would be much easier to swallow. And that's what I was prepared for.

Sponsored

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
Now, if they were to eliminate the large and make the large, the max and not charged as much more over the large I would be game for that

ediehl

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Pilot
For me, it was the size. I don't understand how they can charge so much more for such little capacity. I I know they are obviously more expensive cells that they are putting into it.But it doesn't have more of them. 10 grand over the large is a stretch for 50 miles. Now if it truly had a 180 kWh, I would get over 450 miles of range the way I drive. Which would be much easier to swallow. And that's what I was prepared for.
Makes sense. I ordered March 2019 so it's 7k more for me. On top of that I'll get $7500 back from taxes from 2022 which I would not qualify with todays rules and I've been saving sine March of 2019 so no interest payments. In fact I will pay cash or maybe get a loan at 4.79% and put the equal $ amount in a 16 month CD at 5.4%.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
Makes sense. I ordered March 2019 so it's 7k more for me. On top of that I'll get $7500 back from taxes from 2022 which I would not qualify with todays rules and I've been saving sine March of 2019 so no interest payments. In fact I will pay cash or maybe get a loan at 4.79% and put the equal $ amount in a 16
Makes sense. I ordered March 2019 so it's 7k more for me. On top of that I'll get $7500 back from taxes from 2022 which I would not qualify with todays rules and I've been saving sine March of 2019 so no interest payments. In fact I will pay cash or maybe get a loan at 4.79% and put the equal $ amount in a 16 month CD at 5.4%.
Yeah, I get no lowered pricing or tax credit, I'd totally get one if I did.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You must not have seen any homeless on the way to your delivery appointment.