Sponsored

Did I read this right? Pre-orders to begin near Thanksgiving?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

How many LE are there believed to be?

I am anxious to see the launch green. I am not a green fan but if it results in a closer delivery date I’ll see if I can live with it. Kind of cool to have a limited launch color I guess. So not sure.
Rivian R1T R1S Did I read this right?  Pre-orders to begin near Thanksgiving? IMG_20210423_222800
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I’m surprised how many people selected white. Other than Red — which really seems to be the worst color, imo — I thought white was the color that looked most out of place on the Rivian. Of the no-cost colors, LA Silver looks sooooo much better, imo.

And with a name like “LAUNCH Green” I would be shocked if that isn’t the FIRST batch produced. The only question, in my mind, is what metro area will be first?

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m surprised how many people selected white. Other than Red — which really seems to be the worst color, imo — I thought white was the color that looked most out of place on the Rivian. Of the no-cost colors, LA Silver looks sooooo much better, imo.

And with a name like “LAUNCH Green” I would be shocked if that isn’t the FIRST batch produced. The only question, in my mind, is what metro area will be first?
☝exactly my thoughts. Hoping metro Boston isn't too far behind the rest. 19 orders in MA, but only 2 are Launch Green R1Ts, so ?‍♂

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Anyone want to rent in Southern California? I have room for several deliveries!
Jeff,

Where about in SoCal do you live, and are you a fan of Brisket 'n Booze?
?????

Sponsored

irpete

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
From Another forum who has a nice google doc we have the following data/stats out of 800 orders.

157 Glacier White
85 Rivian Blue
102 Midnight
126 El Cap
66 Limestone
22 Red Canyon
154 Launch Green
55 Forest Green
76 LA Silver

20+ in VA
36 in Canada
35 in TX
50 in FL
100+ Cali

just a few data points.
Since the R1T is first out of the gate it would be interesting to see how these numbers break down between the two models. I think some colors would be more popular on one model than the other.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
If it will result in a quicker delivery, I'll provide Brisket and Booze for a month (your preference of liquor) to anyone in Austin, if you'll let me pitch a cot in your garage.

Any takers?

Heck... for brisket and booze I might let you stay in the guest bedroom.... ?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Jeff,

Where about in SoCal do you live, and are you a fan of Brisket 'n Booze?
?????
I live 30 minutes from their offices. ?

I love brisket but you may have yourself a fight with my wife as for whose BBQ is best. As for booze, my license plate says it all.

Rivian R1T R1S Did I read this right?  Pre-orders to begin near Thanksgiving? A6DAFE4A-2C60-43F1-8C04-5AE2B812C1A0

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Whenever I get connected to my guide, I am going to see if mine can be delivered in whatever the most popular area is and road trip it home!
But what if NJ isn't due till November? Then you'd be contacted in October...

Has anyone reached out to ask where they would need to take delivery to get it early? Are we allowed to take delivery outside our home address? In franchise style auto sales, you can drive to any dealership in any location and just buy a car, it's on you to pay appropriate sales tax and registration.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Here's a new twist on a delivery-priority factor that I'd like to see. How about the age of the buyer...oldest gets it first, then move on down the age scale!! :clap: We're too old to wait much longer!! We could die before we get ours.? The youngsters can afford to wait a little longer...we can't! Age before beauty. :CWL:

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
But what if NJ isn't due till November? Then you'd be contacted in October...

Has anyone reached out to ask where they would need to take delivery to get it early? Are we allowed to take delivery outside our home address? In franchise style auto sales, you can drive to any dealership in any location and just buy a car, it's on you to pay appropriate sales tax and registration.
i tried and was told that they didn’t have the details on if/how to do that but that our Guides would be able to help. Not a surprising answer. I hope that we can given what I expect are very low pre-order numbers where I am.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

i tried and was told that they didn’t have the details on if/how to do that but that our Guides would be able to help. Not a surprising answer. I hope that we can given what I expect are very low pre-order numbers where I am.
That's a No without saying No. Right? By the time your guide (based on your home location) contacts you, you're 4 weeks out from delivery. It's too late to change your delivery location to expedite.

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
I guess I'm in the opposite situation from many here :whew: as I'm happy to wait out the first year of production and await my Max pack R1S sometime in 2022. Our 3rd kiddo (if all goes to plan) should arrive sometime in mid/late 2022 which is driving our need for a 3-row.

I'm happy you all are so excited, but the idea of getting a truly first-run product would make me nervous. Says the guy with a 2018 Model 3, which is about the same, around 1 year after production start. Granted Rivian isn't Tesla, so I have higher hopes.
Sponsored