Sponsored

Did anyone get sent some swag from Rivian??

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Opened my front door and on the porch is a package from Rivian. I never ordered anything so opened it up and lo and behold, a Rivian beanie!!

I've heard of folks picking up their new R1's and later finding stash like water bottles, gear guard teddie or t-shirts in the various compartments.

I just think it's a nice touch (before anyone moans that this is why they're raising $1.3bn !!!). 'Thank you' good folks at Rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S Did anyone get sent some swag from Rivian?? Riv
Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Well...let me think...there have been mentions of getting swag over the more than 4 years...and looking on my shelf...yeah, that's right - I got a picture "suitable for framing" back in 2019.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Rivian accidentally sent me two boxes of cargo crossbars instead of the one I ordered. I kindly informed them of the mix-up and helped get the spare back to them. No free items were sent as a thank you.

Rivian accidentally gave me the title and registration for the wrong VIN. It took months to address, meanwhile I was driving an unregistered vehicle, in effect. They finally corrected the error recently. No free items were sent as a thank you.

Rivian did honor their original pricing. That buys much more goodwill than freebies, certainly. And most importantly, I have a truck I love that's free of major defects.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I feel like getting to keep the pre 3/1 pricing is enough of a gift. Itā€™s a nice touch to send out those little gifts though. A hat that probably cost them $2 but makes a customer happy. Thatā€™s easy stuff.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Typically CS and guides may send things over after a nice convo or as a nice gesture if there are some unexpected circumstances causing delays etc and youā€™re understanding about it all. So congrats enjoy šŸ˜Š

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Well...let me think...there have been mentions of getting swag over the more than 4 years...and looking on my shelf...yeah, that's right - I got a picture "suitable for framing" back in 2019.
Same. My guide was useless, the only thing I ever received was the picture.

I was even a Rivian IPO investor + more stock purchased later, and was actively promoting Rivian on social media, convincing at least two other people to get them! I don't expect a kickback, but a freaking water bottle or T-shirt would have been nice; especially after the "great delayening" pushed my expected delivery date back 9 months. (After *MUCH* complaining to Rivian over that, I got access to the Rivian Shop and just picked one from there that was "almost" my preferred config.)

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Oh Bay Area... I'm missing a beanie that I ordered. Please kindly forward it to me. TIA

Sponsored

Wentworth

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜14 Silverado 1500, ā€˜22 i-Pace
Occupation
Stay at home parent, former airline pilot
Typically CS and guides may send things over after a nice convo or as a nice gesture if there are some unexpected circumstances causing delays etc and youā€™re understanding about it all. So congrats enjoy šŸ˜Š
This happened to me.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I aint got sh!t....but as someone else mentioned, the original pricing will be just fine. And if hte IRS honors binding agreements, that will be a great gift too

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Same. My guide was useless, the only thing I ever received was the picture.
What is kind of interesting (at least to me) is that I originally reserved a R1S - the picture they sent was a FG R1S. Then I changed to an R1T, got a first mile drive, changed back, confirmed on RC/FE. Which they decided not to make and I went Processing. Then I got Shop access and my wife picked...FG (not my favorite color but hey).

So that's some extreme 3D planning that the picture they sent me almost 4 years back was what they decided I should have - it just took me agreeing to their master plan.

Runner4life

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 WRX
Occupation
Biology Teacher
After complaining to CSā€¦ againā€¦ about the delivery date push back, representative Dani sent me a hat and hand written note apologizing for the increased delay. It was a nice gesture and much appreciated, but I still wish I could get an actual answer to my revised delivery date instead of ā€œitā€™s based on configuration, order date and location.ā€